Booting problem because of partition

jAyk1P

Hi

I was trying to make a partition my harddrive with vista and I switched my active partition from one to another (lC to D).

Then I changed it back and I restarted my computer and for some reason my comptuer won't load up my Vista and says the error message "Operating System not found"

Can anyone help???

• Try changing the active partition by booting to a floppy disk and then using disk utilities to manually change the active partition:

1. Boot to a command prompt by using a Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) boot floppy disk.

2. At the command prompt, type fdisk, and then press ENTER.

3. When you are prompted to enable large disk support, click Yes.

4. Click Set active partition, press the number of the partition that you want to make active, and then press ENTER.

5. Press ESC.

6. Remove the boot floppy disk, and then restart the computer.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315261

I have an issue similar to this.....I had vista loaded and occasionally plugged in extra harddrives for access. but when I try to access these extra harddrives thru XP, i can't get access.....the drives go all funky and freeze the boot up......SOME of the harddrives I've been able to gain access to thru Safemode, but not even BartPE can get me access to them