[Help] Vista + Office 2007 + App = prepare deploy

Hi everybody,

Here is my little problem, i wish i am in the good session of the forum

So, lets begin : we are deploying Windows Vista Enterprise on workstation DELL with MS Office 2007 Pro plus

Adobe Reader 8 ..

We install Vista Enterprise from the original DVD, then we install all the app we need (MS Office,etc..)

Now we have got a reference workstation that can be deployed .

(we also integrate severals drivers)

What we did :

We launch a "sysprep /oobe /generalize /shutdown"

Then we used a WinPE boot CD to capture a wim file on a usb disk

"imagex /capture c: e:\wista.wim "Windows Vista Enterprise VL" /COMPRESS fast /CHECK /VERIFY"

The image wim was created !

We want to deploy this image by DVD Bootable !

We are blocked now !!

We try every this to create dvd iso but nothing work !

My first question : with my exemple below, is there anybody who try this method and succeed to build a dvd bootable

Does it really work ? : creating full WIM image !?

When we tryied to build a dvd bootable, when we launch the dvd, it ask us : unable to find d:\sources\install.wim !

When we try to open the wim with image manager : echec can't create catalog !!

Please, if someone can help me to find a good way to do what i need !

Thanks a lot

Best regards

how are you redoploying the image? you should be using imagex and not the windows setup engine. since you have syspreped and customized the windows install it will be easier to use a custom PE disk to format the drive and lay down the WIM on the HD with imagex.

moving to the proper forum

I guys,

Just some news :

I tried to capture with imageX Vista with the known command lines !!!!

Before, under vista, just before rebooting, i do a : sysprep /oobe /generalize /reboot /unattend:c:\temp\config.xml

then i capture the image

Ive read on a board, that, ive to replace the new Install.wim over the older, on DVD Source, then create iso dvd

then try : echec for me !!!

I would like to know, really, if it is possible, to create a capture of an OS pre-installed (like vista),then to replace it into the native DVD, and it will works ! For me its strange

When you say that we can create a DVD bootbale threw BDD 2007, ok, have you got a little tuto for me to try out and finally to say ; great it workd fine !

Many thanks for your all help

I guys,

Just some news :

I tried to capture with imageX Vista with the known command lines !!!!

Before, under vista, just before rebooting, i do a : sysprep /oobe /generalize /reboot /unattend:c:\temp\config.xml

then i capture the image

Ive read on a board, that, ive to replace the new Install.wim over the older, on DVD Source, then create iso dvd

then try : echec for me !!!

I would like to know, really, if it is possible, to create a capture of an OS pre-installed (like vista),then to replace it into the native DVD, and it will works ! For me its strange

When you say that we can create a DVD bootbale threw BDD 2007, ok, have you got a little tuto for me to try out and finally to say ; great it workd fine !

Many thanks for your all help

Linky