Anyone got the Vista SP1 Beta ? [ Picture Updated !]

charlice

:thumbup

Hi Guys !

Does anyone got the newly released Vista SP1 beta ?

I just got them. It seems not much changed.

MSN search is still enabled by default. It seems Google's work doesn't have any result.

Let's share the new experience !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally get the version page. You can see the real version for this one.

post-148842-1186383619_thumb.jpg

Edited by charlice

You must be one of the very lucky ones then, if you have it legally. SP1 Beta is hardly going out to ANY testers at all so don't expect many people to have it at all. It's not yet leaked and no-one is sure testers actually have it yet. You can tell if you have SP1 as the kernel is upgraded from 6000 to 6001. If you do, can you take a screenshot of "WinVer" to show the new kernel?

I do use the new Vista Performance and Reliability Pack (KB938979) and Vista Compatibility and Reliability Pack (KB938194) from the WS2008 Beta, and they seem to have improved a few things slightly, such as file transfer and resuming from hibernate and standby, but not much else.

You must be one of the very lucky ones then, if you have it legally. SP1 Beta is hardly going out to ANY testers at all so don't expect many people to have it at all. It's not yet leaked and no-one is sure testers actually have it yet. You can tell if you have SP1 as the kernel is upgraded from 6000 to 6001. If you do, can you take a screenshot of "WinVer" to show the new kernel?

I do use the new Vista Performance and Reliability Pack (KB938979) and Vista Compatibility and Reliability Pack (KB938194) from the WS2008 Beta, and they seem to have improved a few things slightly, such as file transfer and resuming from hibernate and standby, but not much else.

Yeah. :whistle:

My company is the one of the co-worker for MS. So thats' why I got it. So of course legally.

I can show you some picture tomorrow. But just pictures. I don't want to lose my job. :}

Vista SP1 is going to contain just bug fixes, MS is saving all the new features for Vista R2 (2008), which you'll have to buy or upgrade to. Although it's possible some/most/all of the new features might be available via "Feature Packs" but who knows now-a-days. I'm hoping MS makes improvements available via Feature Packs as we can all agree it feels slimly we would have to pay to get the things that were suppose to be in Vista in the first place but were cut back due to time constraints.

Hi Guys !

MSN search is still enabled by default. It seems Google's work doesn't have any result.

any screen shot please !

Hi Guys !

:rolleyes:

post-148842-1186377239_thumb.jpgUpdate News!

The SP1 beta version is 6001.16549.070628. It still have many problems. According to the MS' relnotes, it still have 11 known issues like Boot Environment for supporting NVRAM.

I know many guys heard the SP1 beta will be only around 50MB. But unfortuately, I got the complete OPK disk, So I can not just use the upgrade package for the testing. I need to make a whole new image for test.

And also, it tooks much more longer than I expect to download the OPK from MS site.

Here comes the hot and fresh screenshut !!!!!

Edited by charlice