newest games crash after vlite...

cka3o4nuk

so i tried another ultimate copy leaving media center in this time, and still no go, but a non vlite ultimate lets the game work so im not sure what to blame on this one, cause the demo works in the vlite ultimate but not the full game. so either vlite is taking something out that we dont know about in a program that might be needed for this game i just dont get how a vlite business copy works fine but not ultimate =[

do you get any missing file errors when running the games, files like "wer.dll", "faultrep.dll" or whatever?

i ask because this has stopped me from running Inkball & Winamp which a few other programs/games

Edited by legolash2o

• 1 month later...

You won't believe this but suddenly I couldn't run the World In Conflict.

After tampering and blaming removals I found the solution in my case.

Create a new user, that's it. Seems like I messed up my profile somehow. Could be by reg cleaning tools or something, can't say for sure.

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry to ressurrect an old topic, but there really is something wrong between Lost Planet updated demo and Vlite'd Vista.

I tried this both with Vlite'd Vista and Vista SP1, and also non-Vlite Vista SP1.

Lost Planet DX10 Demo works without problems, but when you update the demo, it crashes at the start. On a non-vlite'd Vista, the updated version runs fine.

I know Lost Planet is quite old by now, but I'm resurrecting this topic as it is clear that there is a conflict or something between Vlite'd Vista and a game. It may be another game in the future.

Nuhi, could you please investigate that issue? You'll be needing Lost Planet DX10 demo and the update pack for the demo, which is about 4MB.

Many thanks, LP

Hello all,

Sorry, I'm not able to send the session file as I did my vLite rip in 3-4 sessions, but last night I solved the problem. The culprit is "Parental Controls". If you remove it, the game does not work. Remove everything else but leave "Parental Controls" alone, the game works. I tried a lot of combinations and am quite sure of my result.

I guess other games or oncoming games may also need that parental control thingy, so maybe Nuhi would consider adding that option to compatibility list.

Many thanks, Levent

• 1 month later...

Im getting the same memory error for a list of games:

UT3

Assassins creed

...well thats about it but Im pretty sure gears of war would do it too because its built on the same kinda principals.

Crysis ran well but I never tried it in dx10 or any high modes.

I have a radeon hd2600pro w. 512mb ram attached to it and add 512 to that and a 1.8ghz c2duo processor = to 4.05ghz and yeah it just dies every time I try to load a high spec game in this vlited version.

Some games run okay in dx9 mode but dx10 is shot as hell and I cant install sp1 on my vlited version and I cant find my vista cd to reinstall because my **** sister lost it...but Im sure it'll turn up, I was just wondering, cause I prefer the vlited version anyways because it requires less ram to run etc.

Anyone got any ideas I'd really appreciate any help I can get atm hey.

Lachy.

Odd.Alaways removed Parental Controls.UT3,AC DX9 & DX10,Crysis DX9 & DX10,GRID all work no problems.Maybe its because i have DEP,UAC disabled and i run the games as admin?.