ipod help please

bigawes

I bought a new ipod nano a week ago because my ipod mini was messed up. I put it on my computer with my itunes that i update all the time. I was able to upload 900 songs onto my nano. It all worked fine.

Now, the computer does not recognize the ipod. I am putting it on the same USB 2.0 port. I have tried resetting and forcing disk mode, neither work. The ipod charges on the computer and I turned off the option for the computer to power down the USB port. I get a message saying it does not recognize the ipod. I am pretty sure the iTunes kind've recognizes it, but it doesn't show up in the source. But, if I restart my comp with iTunes still on, it reports that a device is scripting iTunes.

Any ideas?

I bought a new ipod nano a week ago because my ipod mini was messed up. I put it on my computer with my itunes that i update all the time. I was able to upload 900 songs onto my nano. It all worked fine.

Now, the computer does not recognize the ipod. I am putting it on the same USB 2.0 port. I have tried resetting and forcing disk mode, neither work. The ipod charges on the computer and I turned off the option for the computer to power down the USB port. I get a message saying it does not recognize the ipod. I am pretty sure the iTunes kind've recognizes it, but it doesn't show up in the source. But, if I restart my comp with iTunes still on, it reports that a device is scripting iTunes.

Any ideas?

Does the iPod work on another USB port or on another computer? I've had a similar problem before and it turned out that my USB ports were fried...

It worked just a week ago, so I doubt it is the USB port. It doesn't recognize it in any other USB ports on my computer either though.

Also, it does not show up on Device Manager or anything like that.

Do any other USB devices work on your computer? If not, either you need updated drivers or the ports are fried. If the iPod doesn't work on another computer, then it's possible that either something is wrong with the cable or the iPod itself.