[Release] XPize Darkside 2.0

zedox

Hello, Zedox.

I´m using HFSLIP to integrate my hotfixes to Windows XP brazilian, after I use Boogy WMP11 Slipstreamer, next I use your Xpize Darkside to modify my source and finish with nLite to remove components/add addons.

After install in vmware the result:

boot screen - modified

logon - not modified (blue)

shell32.dll - modified

the taskbar - modified, but if I active logoff or shutdow the top left of taskbar is not completely hidden.

In nLite I remove all themes and walppapers.

0d

Edited by 0d14r3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Zedox, wondering if we can expect to see another release anytime soon... Or are you waiting on the C# version of XPize that Xpero will eventually do, and redo Darkside with that? Or did that pesky thing called life rear it's head on you? :whistle:

0d14r3

This has been covered many times on this very topic... Modifying the source does not include the extras (eg: Logon screen, theme, shutdown/logoff screen, wallpaper, screensaver, etc...)

CLHatch

I started work on the next version the day after the release of 2.0

Fact is, no problems have arrisen from this release other than this multi-processor problem.

So, tbh when enough changes imo have occured Ill release a new version.

Also your reference to life... are you suggesting Ive had no life whilst working on xpize... :P

0d14r3

This has been covered many times on this very topic... Modifying the source does not include the extras (eg: Logon screen, theme, shutdown/logoff screen, wallpaper, screensaver, etc...)

CLHatch

Fact is, no problems have arrisen from this release other than this multi-processor problem.

Also your reference to life... are you suggesting Ive had no life whilst working on xpize... :P

Aha! You've been holding out on us! Actually taking time to have a life when you could be spending every waking moment bringing us the next Darkside! Well, I suppose we could forgo the flogging this time. :P

BTW, there was one other thing besides the boot screen... the missing forward and back arrows in the device manager. I'd seen it posted somewhere, but can't seem to find the thread now.

Oh, and I wasn't sure if the login dialog (Ctrl-Alt-Del style) was supposed to be dark or not... it's still blue on mine (XP MC 2005, dual core).

0d14r3

CLHatch

Aha! You've been holding out on us! Actually taking time to have a life when you could be spending every waking moment bringing us the next Darkside! Well, I suppose we could forgo the flogging this time. :P

BTW, there was one other thing besides the boot screen... the missing forward and back arrows in the device manager. I'd seen it posted somewhere, but can't seem to find the thread now.

Oh, and I wasn't sure if the login dialog (Ctrl-Alt-Del style) was supposed to be dark or not... it's still blue on mine (XP MC 2005, dual core).

Here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67889

&

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=103413

hi guys,

first thanx zedox for his great work. i installed xpize darkside and it seems to work but i expected two little things: (please have a look the the pictures i attached). i'm using the "classical" logon and shutdown-screen and this screens are "xpized", too. but in the first stage of logon and the last stage of logoff it turns in "standard-windows-style". also the background is turned into blue.

has someone an idea about it why this happens and how to prevent?

thanx!!

post-34363-1189956312_thumb.jpg

Edited by t-b-x

thanks for repley, anonymous_user,

but this isn't easy as it seems.

For the latter check this page.
-> this works for the background - thanx :thumbup

but:

the problem is, that, after i logon (insert password+return) the logon-window turns into black (gets xpized). on the picture it's blue. same with background (solved) and same at logoff - the black window gets blue + blue desktop.

so i supose the theme is load after login and unload by logoff. may there be a way to change the very standard theme? i'm not an expert in skinning windows due in other windows stuff ;P.

so someone another idea?

thanks!!

TBX

Edited by t-b-x

Ill have a look into this one.

But basically the blue skin is default... if u changed it to the default silver or green it will still go blue on logoff and logon.

The visual style is only specific to the user that chooses one, not the entire machine.

Since installing 'Microsoft Windows Desktop Search 3.01 for Windows XP (KB917013)', I have the following problem (see screen grab, below) with the Taskbar:

http://www.users.freenetname.co.uk/~railwa...bay/snap010.png

Not sure whether it's an XPize Darkside or XPize problem... Might have something to do with me running a 1920 x 1200 desktop res, not sure...?

Many thanks!

Edited by mr_sepia_tone
please dont post full sized images. use thumbnails or links.

Ill have a look into this one.

But basically the blue skin is default... if u changed it to the default silver or green it will still go blue on logoff and logon.

The visual style is only specific to the user that chooses one, not the entire machine.

Hmmm, appears I do have a problem on mine... The graphics in the dialog box on my old-style login are not xpized. As I said, it is with XP Media Center 2005 on a Dual-Core system, so don't know which would be the culprit (is a different logon program used for dual-core?).

I left the media center image for the old logoff as blue.

If you'd prefer I can knock up a new image for next release...

Ah, that explains it! If you could, a darker Media Center logon would be appreciated. It just looks out of place.

Wait... you said logoff... typo, or not? I didn't notice the logoff.