[Release] XPize Darkside 2.0

zedox

I couldn't find the file XPize_Logon.exe; is logonui.exe patched or is this file created and used to replace the logon?

If there is a link to that file only, let me know!

The logonui.exe file is patched and them renamed to XPize_Logon.exe.

Then the registry is changed to point to xpize_logon.exe as the logon screen.

kelsenellenelvian

Is that the latest logonui?

The latest I have gotten from you.

Ooo, the latest is in XPize Darkside 2.0... will re-up the newest one and send you a link for hosting. Thanks! ;)

Will there be in future support for nLite intigration? Why doesn't Darkside patche extras if a patch an XP folder?

I386 patching will only patch system files, no extras are included.

Will look into nlite integration.

Hope you will make it soon. Until now i used always Xpize for nLite intigration, but black (and red) is my favorite color. Xpize Darkside looks better than normal Xpize for me, so plz hurry with nLite intigration. Perhaps you could make also patching extras possible :)

hmmm, I'd hedge my bettings bettings that CLHatch's processor is also Dual Core.

I have the same problem of not having the darkside bootscreen. I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, used the reloader and still it showed the old blue bar on the boot screen. Please help! I'm not using Dual Core processor.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer NVIDIA

System Model AWRDACPI

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 15 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2210 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 4/6/2006

SMBIOS Version 2.2

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB

Yes, that registry key exists and the value points to xpize_logon.exe. Not to cause a ruckus, but am I the only one with this issue?

Also, by checking the MD5 value using HashTab, the logonui.exe in C:\windows\system32 is identical to the file in c:\windows\xpize darkside\backup.

I do have one question though; would it matter if the logonui was already patched once before? I didn't think it would matter initially, my apologies if it does.

Edited by tap52384

tap52384

Its good that the backup file is identical to the system32 file... the backup is a backup of the system32 file!

I've never tested patching and then patching again... i'm assuming it was patched with XPize?

Are you actually seeing the normal welcome screen? ... is your PC on a domain?

Edited by zedox