Polarman

Computer Usage in hours.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you keep your PC ON.

• It's ON 24 Hrs a day
    • It's ON 8 - 12 Hrs a day
    • It's ON 4 - 8 Hrs a day
    • It's ON Less than 4 Hrs a day

Just curious about the computers usage of the people on this forum.

So post your daily PC usage in hours and what is your PSU wattage. Are your "power user" ? :whistle:

For me, i use it less than 4 hours a day. I usually turn it on around 6PM and shut it down around 9:30PM.

I have a 650W PSU to power up my stuff.

Contrary to popular belief, your PC won't die sooner if you turn it off everyday.

All of my PCs at home are on unless the power goes out, I'm rearranging the office, blowing the dust out, etc, etc. Basically I run 'em 24/7 except for routine maintenance and acts of God.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

about 8-12 hours. When I'm home it almost allways stay on, listening music. When i'm leaving and have nothing to download, then I ususaly shut it down. I also shut it down when I go to sleep, since it's quite noisy.

Quite some time I go to sleep with computer on while playing music, and I set it up for auto shutdown in about 1-2 hours. By that time I'm ususaly asleep so I prefer the computer to shut itself down by itself.

Well I guess I can't do that with the new one tho unfortuantely.

I have a 650W PSU to power up my stuff.

Truth be told, this doesn't really say much about your system's actual power usage. I've got a 500W PSU in my server (next one will be a 620W), but the actual system itself draws about 80W.

My laptop is the only computer that gets turned off when not in use. All of my other computers sit there and crunch away at Rosetta@Home as well as serve BitTorrent files. My file server to be is the computer where all of my files will be stored, so I can't really go about turning that off now, can I? :P

My computer is on from the time I get up until the time I go to sleep unless I have work for it, in which case, it'll run 24 hours on end. That's why I put so much money into quality parts, long lasting reliability and redundancy when I can.

Mine is on 24/7, but I let it go into deep sleep and minimum power mode when idle more than 45 minutes. That doesn't happen too often unless I'm not downloading or uploading something and I'm away for the day.

unless its my parents vacation, i normally just turn it off at night, but i don't have it on unless i need internet, because if i don't need internet [or 64bit] i'm upstairs working with my server...but i haven't gotten to a point where i can use it as a fileserver yet, so its off unless i'm trying to install an OS on it [been giving me troubles lately].

Mine are off when I'm not using them. I don't like letting them run for no reason at all. I don't download too much, nor do I have a file server, so my PCs are off unless I need them. My laptop is on the most, but maybe 2 - 4 hours a day after work and on the weekend it's a lot higher. Maybe 8 - 12 hours.