WMP 11 Shell Extensions

Griefage

just recently i was screwing around with some tweaks and i unregistered windows media player 11 shell extension with

regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll

now when i try to open a video file (i only use wmp 11 for video file types) it always gives me the open with selection window even tho the file types are set to open with wmp by default and have the icon associated with it.

i've restored the file types to default through both wmp and through explorer with folder options.

anyone help would certainly be appreciated!

edit: nm, just re registered it with (had to use full path: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\wmpshell.dll) however it seems like i lost all of boooggy's wmp 11 tweaks now.

Edited by Griefage

I have checked that its working

regsvr32 wmpshell.dll

(Works with Windows Vista and Windows XP)

OR

Run Windows Media Player and goto Tools ----> Options

Now select File Types tab and Select ALL and apply. (For Windows Media Player 11 | Windows XP Only)

yeah i checked both wmp tools>options to make sure the associations were correct and foler option file types in explorer. both were fine, unregistering the wmpshell.dll was the problem.

on a side note, i think the custom registry tweaks get dumped when re-registry adding the dll. i had to bug boooggy for a reg file to get them back to normal.