Vista Unattended XML Creator Script

what is the : "Offline Image Location:" for? is it needed ? wht do I put in it or do I leave it as IS ?

I think it's for the WAIK to figure out which image source was used so it can reload the correct catalog (I could be wrong though). Not sure why it's been put in this script generator.

On a separate note, the script generates components with processorArchitecture="i386" but shouldn't it be x86? This is what WAIK generates anyway.

Edited by Dobby

add languages Portuguese.

Added support for both Portuguese Brazil and Portuguese Portugal

what is the : "Offline Image Location:" for? is it needed ? wht do I put in it or do I leave it as IS ?

I think it's for the WAIK to figure out which image source was used so it can reload the correct catalog (I could be wrong though). Not sure why it's been put in this script generator.

On a separate note, the script generates components with processorArchitecture="i386" but shouldn't it be x86? This is what WAIK generates anyway.

I always used the WIM file from the Vista CD and put it in the sysprep folder if setup needed extra drivers/files.

Also, even though i386 worked, x86 is the proper syntax and is now corrected. Thanks :)

NeoN

So, the Offline Image Locater field should be tailored based upon the version we are installing, then? Seeing as I am using Ultimate, I should make that ULTIMATE instead of ENTERPRISE?

Yes that's correct. I'll add something there to make it easier to choose each different version.

NeoN

hm, I cant get this to work...

After pressing submit all I get is a error message in a new window in explorer that endtag "settings" dont match the starttag "unattend"

</settings>

--^

Suggestions ??

Edited by kentk

hm, I cant get this to work...

After pressing submit all I get is a error message in a new window in explorer that endtag "settings" dont match the starttag "unattend"

</settings>

--^

Suggestions ??

I didn't catch that. Thanks, fixed now :)

• 3 weeks later...

One should point out that it probably isn't a smart idea to put a valid product key in this site. While Neon may have the best intentions, the information is unencrypted, and without seeing the source, Neon could be recording them.

While I am guessing he is a great guy, and isn't, the unencrypted part is a problem that can not be dealt with, unless neon sets up a https site.

It would probably be smart to use a key of "abc12" in each field or some such, then when you save his xml file use a text editor to change it to a valid key.

Edit: No offense or anything intended..

Edited by sn3ak

• 3 months later...
One should point out that it probably isn't a smart idea to put a valid product key in this site. While Neon may have the best intentions, the information is unencrypted, and without seeing the source, Neon could be recording them.

While I am guessing he is a great guy, and isn't, the unencrypted part is a problem that can not be dealt with, unless neon sets up a https site.

It would probably be smart to use a key of "abc12" in each field or some such, then when you save his xml file use a text editor to change it to a valid key.

Edit: No offense or anything intended..

No you are correct, I'm stealing all of the Vista keys!!! MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHA

Just kidding, but you do have a good point with the whole unencrypted part. So if you are worried about security, just put in all 1's and then just change it in the actual XML.

• 6 months later...
Hey everyone!

I've created a script where you enter in a little information and it creates the XML file for you. It's definitely a work in progress and it could use many more options but this will work fine for a unattended Vista installation. I plan to eventually get all of the different passes and components able to be customized on there.

http://dc412.org/unattend.php

Let me know what you think, and what could be done to make it better!

NeoN

hi everybody

one more thing i would to see in this post about domain join is to choose a distict organization unit in domain.

(its one more text box - i think!)

best regards (on response reply to my sirpedrosa@gmail.com) :hello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi Neon,

i am installing windows 2008 server enterprise edition operating system, through network with un attended installation.

i tried so many combinations but, every time i am getting error as

"Windows cannot copy files required for installation. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070057."

will you plz help me regarding this.