Problem with rename/move files or folders

rezzo

This isn't just a vLite issue by the way, its affecting a lot of OEM copies too, I can post some links later if you want. Forgive my ignorance, but when you say 'default keys' in here: 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\FolderDescriptions' do you mean just create the '(Default)' entry again or am I missing something? I installed the updates last night before checking for issues, and look what happens.... Couldn't remove them either. I'd hate to have to reinstall if I can help it. Thanks, and keep up the good work nuhi!

DigeratiPrime, it was a pain, especially when I saw that I did nothing wrong.

wintertiger, oh that's great news, I hope MS reads this and fixes that hotfix installer to be more flexible.

Default is what would be on the full - retail Vista there, few entries with class numbers. I can export the one you need, let me know which version of Vista.

BUT the issue is that reg tree is protected probably and simple reg import will be denied, but you can try, if nothing else you could add the missing ones manually.

Thanks nuhi, I'm running Ultimate x64 right now, I appreciate the time you're taking to solve Microsoft's problem. I'll PM you a link to the discussion on the TechNet board so you can check into anything new Microsoft comes up with regarding the issue, it gets more interesting around pages 4-6 I think.

i've just been comparing that reg file to my x86 version and it's identical from what i can see - i haven't checked every line but i've checked as much as i can fit on screen when they're side by side at the start and the end of the file. :)

and it worked straight away - didn't have to re-install the updates. just imported the file and bingo.

marc2003, wait a second, it fixed your rename issue

yes. :thumbup

doesn't even need a restart. one minute rename doesn't work.... import the reg file and it works immediately.

Edited by marc2003

marc2003, wait a second, it fixed your rename issue or just the reg import worked but it's still the same?

(just playing safe before celebrating)

rezzo, here.

Thanks nuhi. :thumbup

I import the .reg file and immediately the rename function works.