Server Hard Disk out of space

hi.

I am new to this forum,

We are Using SBS 2003 with Microsoft XP as Clients,

I have recently taken charge of Administrator,

system hardisk of our Sever is running out of space( 1 GB left). Person who designed the Server created a small

system partation © and a large Data data partation (D). Misery is daily backup is going to system partation.

I want to know what options i have to increase or Re-size the system partation witout any loss of data..

would i need to use any software for that .

jack

Depending on the physical size of the disk you could also consider replacing it completely.

What I would do is:

1. Create a backup in the form of a (ghost) image.

2. Do a roll-back on a new (larger) harddisk.

3. Boot the server and change the back-up location (no offense but any good administrator does NOT create back-ups on the system drive :ph34r: ).

4. Continue the daily work. :whistle:

Offcourse if the current disk is large enough you could do a resize, but I'm just giving options here...

hi

thanks all

I have got more options now.

We got quite big disk (over 100GB) out of which 60 GB is free in Data Partition (D). Actually I was thinking to use Partition Magic or Volume manager to resize the partitions and i am not sure which is most effective for this kind of problem.

Ghost82 you are rite its no good idea to store back ups yo system partition but its not my fault i have recently taken over the network..