Win XP Unattended install

dmckinlay

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help. I have followed your beginners guide on how to create an unattended installation of win xp sp2. I have integrated all the hot fixes to this installation as well.

Once all the hot fixes where added to the installation and the answer file created, i renamed it and put it in the said location on the disc. I then created the iso image and burned the cd.

The cd booted to windows installation, i hit enter a few times to install and left it (hoping it would complete), after a good hour i checked it and it seemed to be stuck in a loop!

booting up, saying restarting installation, then rebooting etc etc etc........

I am stuck at this point, any help on this matter wold be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Danny

You need to boot ONCE from DVD to start install. So

-either the disc offers the choice "Hit any key to boot from CD/DVD" and you hit a key the 1st time only (this doesn't seem to be your problem)

-either you set the PC'BIOS to boot from CD and after 1st reboot you reset it to HDD first

-either you set the PC to boot HDD first and use the "F12" key to boot once from CD/DVD.

it does the initial gui install, then reboots. gets stuck at that point./??

I am trying a different method of integrating the patches to the setup now. using a svcpack.inf file. hopefully this will work!

does the gui install. then boots up and sysy "setup is restarting" then reboots, got stuck there.

although the other method worked!!! Using the svcpack.inf method! now aplies updates to install. ............well some of them, there is about 21 out of 79 updates which have not applied! but thats another matter which hopefully i will get sorted.

thanks for your help.