stripping 9x

wrayal

I was looking to produce stripped windows 95/98/Me discs. The raw ones I have take up the better part of an entire CD, and much of this is unnecessary. Many tutorials exist for stripping down installations post-install, but I can't find many good ones for boot discs. I know programs such as 98lite exist, but 1) they cost and more importantly 2) they don't teach me much. Can anyone point me in the direction of any good guides? I'm sorry if I'm being exceptionally dim!

Thanks,

Wrayal

Ah, cool, thanks, this is useful, although...how extensible is it? Can this same principle be applied to much of 95/98?

Anyone familiar with any other particular resources on this topic?

Wrayal

Hmmm .....

That winimize thing is for installing minimal version(s) of windows 98 (called mindows by the author) without IE integration ..... and for that to work it needs some win95 files as listed on its site there ...

Rgds

Yeah, I've seen mindows before, very cool project.

I'm guessing, using these two pieces of info (a guide for stripping out components and an entire custom installer) it must be possible to do most things with enough tampering? Time to start fiddling....