plz help this stupid Noob with XIS

Skrell

I'm sorry everyone, but i'm really interested in creating my own theme packages ala Xpize, but have NO clue how to use the XIS. Can someone PLEASE be kind enough to post a detailed tutorial on how to go about using it? I'd GREATLY appreciate it !!! :)

Well i am taking your advice with regard to reading up on NSIS, but it still does not make clear where the actual icons are that you replace with your xpize ones....i mean there are a LOT of icons in the _FILES folder, and and i don't think xpize replaces them all? does it?

but why do the icons look so crappy? Are these not the xpize icons? Are these the default windows xp ones?

Also, what files control the logon screen and stuff like that? That's the kind of instruction i'm looking for...not how to use NSIS.. :(

Edited by Skrell

XIS is the basic source and does not actually have any XPize images or icons there...

You want the XPize Source. Which will have all the XPize icons and images.

Also, reading the little discriptions in the XPize installer tells you what the file is for that your editing...

Edited by zedox

well, maybe i can help...

but only if you have specific questions and just as XPero said, learn the nsis language first please.

I have made my own pack so i now somethings about it.

give me a pm if you would to chat.

damian666

It is not that I dont want to help, it is that I cant help you + all other people wanting to create shell packs using XPize source. I would have to make a hundred clones of myself to do that. Understand? :)