Royale Vista Hybrid & more...

geepnozeex

OK I understand what you are saying, I guess it might be a limitation of XP, although Geepnozeex said I do not need WindowBLinds to use that visual style he / she made, thats why I thought it might be possible to get that effect using just msstyles files. Thank you for the Vistart information, I must admit I am not a fan of using 3rd party s/w to achieve effects on my PC, they are possible candidates for complications, and another reason I do not use them is because I want my XP installation after Nliting it to be the way I am going to use it, I do not want to fool around with installing and configuring software after the install for special effects. I like my XP to be ready to use after installing it, wiht the exception of installing CorelDraw 13 and Office 2003 Pro, I still need to investigate how to slipstream Office 2003 Pro into my XP source files.

My visual style is pretty much completed, it'd just have been nice to have the transparent highlight effect in the msstyles file.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Jennifer

i'm not a fan of 3rd party apps either. but sometimes it's needed in order to have more advanced options.

i'm not really sure what geepnozeex did or used. i tried one of his vs and if you notice in all his pictures he has text removed near the logoff buttons, but when i tried his vs the text was actually showing up like normal. so for some reason his screenshots dont seem to be exactly accurate

The Russians sure are good with tweaking lol, I have seen them in action when I worked with a few in London in Information Technology.

I made my final customized XP CD last night and I am perfectly happy with my custom VS. I just have not been able to find out how to change the left webview pane. I know its somewhere in shellstyle.dll. Do you perhaps have experience on this? I would like to replace the blue gradient color with a jpg file.

Hi, Geepnozeex

I've just downloaded your theme and tried it. On your screenshot, there is no texts "Log Off" and "Turn Off Computer" next to the buttons. But they are there on mine. Do I need to modify something?

Thanks for making the theme. It looks fine.

Edit: I am talking about XPW7.

Edited by Aloha

Geepnozeex, thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me how to delete the texts? I have ResHack but not sure what exactly to do with the Explorer.exe. I've never done this before. I found StartMenuLSTRemover and it can remove the texts. I tried it with some themes and find that big rectangle buttons without text look fine. But small square buttons without text don't look nice at all, the standard XP themes for example.

Then, I like to have the text on some themes and no text on some other themes! This means, if I use StartMenuLSTRemover, I have to install it and uninstall it a lot of times! Is the way you've done with Explorer.exe simplier for me to use? I hope you don't mind telling me how you did it, even though maybe I only choose the easy and simple way to follow!

Thanks again for your time, Geepnozeex.

Edit: removing the link.

Edited by Aloha

Hi geenozeex,

Thank you for replying, I would like to ask, if you have a few minutes, can you please explain to me how to make the same PNG file like on your start menu with the Alpha channel transparant. I also do not know which file in the msstyles file to replace with the PNG file. I use Corel PhotoPaint 13, can this software make the PNG file Alpha channel transparent?

Jennifer

Geepnozeex,

I am not sure who you were replying to; JenniferArden or me. I consider you talked to us both. If you say so then I'll choose to use LSTRemover when I don't need the text on some themes. It's quite OK. Thanks for your answer, Geepnozeex.