Royale Vista Hybrid & more...

geepnozeex

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Geepnozeex :-)

Your visual styles look great! Can you please tell me if I will need WindowBlinds to use your VS's? And also if it is possible to make the highlight on the start menu transparent like in your VS's without using WindowBlinds? For example just using a msstyles file?

Jennifer

Hi Geepnozeex :-)

Your visual styles look great! Can you please tell me if I will need WindowBlinds to use your VS's? And also if it is possible to make the highlight on the start menu transparent like in your VS's without using WindowBlinds? For example just using a msstyles file?

Jennifer

a. you need to use UXtheme patcher before you can apply the new themes

b. i'm not sure what you mean by transparent highlight

Edited by ccl0

Hi, thank you for replying. Please look at the image I included, I made a red circle around the highlight. I would like to know how can I make the highlight on my startmenu like the one in the picture? I only use msstyles files, I do not use Window Blinds. I already use patched uxtheme.dll

transparenthighlightsj6.jpg

By Jennifer_Arden

Edited by JenniferArden

that might be a limitation on the xp theme.

if you notice, when you click on the start button and then the log off or turn off computer button, then there is a highlight color when mousing over.

its been my experience that this color is always the same color as the one when you mouse over your programs or program folders.

in all the dozens of visual styles i've used, this has always been the case. so i think its a limitation on what xp can render.

there is a program called vistart however. maybe it will accomplish what you are trying to do. here are a bunch of skins people made for it http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=vistart