BSoD using vLite final.......

kotarel

When I copy the files of vista ultimate from vLite, after it scans them and I select which vista OS it is (vista ultimate), it scans (or whatever it is doing at that point) for about 5-10 secs then I get a BSoD.... Can anyone help figure out whats wrong? It wasn't doing that before...

I'm new this this forum, don't be harsh =o!

I'm using NOD32. So what should I do, disable it while using vLite? Or do I have to uninstall it temporarly?

EDIT: Tried disabling the scanning modules, still get a BSoD...

SECOND EDIT: Tried uninstalling NOD32, still BSoD, tried without firewall (zonealarm), still BSoD... Would it have something to do with the windows file protection? I am running Win Xp Home Sp2 fully patched.

Edited by kotarel

Yeah, it is a pattern, all have nod32, it must be some new update in nod32 that's doing it.

But kotarel says it fails even if uninstalled...weird. I hope you rebooted before testing.

sIn_maxo, what is your OS?

I did reboot. Going to try it in a virtual machine with Win Xp Home to see if it has something to do with it. Then I will install NOD32 and check if it crashes the VM.

EDIT: After a couple of tests, without NOD32 and without Zonealarm installed, and rebooting 1 or 2 times, it works. I guess a quick workaround would be to use it in a VM, but not everybody can afford to use their ram like that. So if you want to be able to use it right now, I would say uninstall your anti-virus and firewall, but who wants to do that...

Edited by kotarel

I used firewalls and antivirus and still haven't seen that error.

It must be something in combination. UAC on? Defender kept? What Nod32 options did you enable while installing it on Custom? What is enabled in the Zonealarm?

Ok, I was talking in general, there are some people who have this BSOD on Vista if they install certain antivirus.

But before no one with Nod32 had any issues, myself included.

Now suddenly it began to show up.

Gonna try some combinations in the virtual machine, thx.