BDD 2007 Seperate Deployment Point - not reading customsettings.ini?

So, I've been working on getting BDD 2007 deployed for our company. We're very close, just working on getting our localized deployment servers going to improve performance.

Except it's making me want to pull my hair out. No matter what I do, if I use the ISO created at a remote deployment server to boot, it will not read any of the changes that I make from that DP's customsettings.ini. Most importantly of all, even though all the product keys are set for our OSes, it STILL prompts to enter the key during the deployment process (this is Win XP Pro by the way). All changes in general that I make to customsettings.ini seem to have no effect.

Any help would be highly appreciated, as this is the last step for me before we can go live with BDD. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Paul K

is it finding customsettings.ini? it should be grabbing it off the network (depending on how much editing of the bdd process you've done)

in the ZTIGather.wsf file, around line 184 is where it gets it:

iRetVal = oUtility.FindFile("CustomSettings.ini", sIniFile)

on the line after that, try putting

msgbox("location of cusomsettings.ini: " & sIniFile)

and it should print where its found the file, and you can then inspect it in the winPE environment to make sure its getting the file with all your custom settings.

see how u go with that.. the cusomsettings.ini part works fine for me.