Re-Creating TinyXP on nLite?

Morsolo

Hello lovely people!

I was recently looking at TinyXP, which I am currently running (Wont say much, is Warez, I know)...

I noticed it was lacking a few features I needed, so after some searching, I am yet to find anything...

Is there a .ini or some kind of file that can get nLite to automatically select the options TinyXP had, so I can edit them to my liking?

I know eXperience released some somewhere, but their main forums are down...

Again, I don't want to say much, so, hopefully I've said enough...

Any ideas?

- Morsolo

Hello lovely people!

I was recently looking at TinyXP, which I am currently running (Wont say much, is Warez, I know)...

I noticed it was lacking a few features I needed, so after some searching, I am yet to find anything...

Is there a .ini or some kind of file that can get nLite to automatically select the options TinyXP had, so I can edit them to my liking?

I know eXperience released some somewhere, but their main forums are down...

Again, I don't want to say much, so, hopefully I've said enough...

Any ideas?

- Morsolo

Its in one of the folders when you extract the ISO. Look for last session file. Also its part of the NFO file usually. To completely recreate what they did you need the following:

1. Last session file for nlite

2. Tweak reg file

3. any custom file replacements they did to system32 folder or other (good Luck finding out these) Actually you could do a total i386 compare against default i386 folder and find out that way.

4. there run once setup and any special changes they make in there

5. any svcpack updates they installed

I think that would be it. If anyone else has an idea please add to my list? I'm trying to do something simular but with windows 2003. If you think of another thing to add to this list please let me know over PM or here?

For some reason when I try to recreate a disc like that it never works exactly the same. So I just mod what they have done. Although that does not teach me any new tricks and I always love learning the new tricks to install.

• 1 month later...

Appears this works pretty well if u want to redo tiny 2003.

1. Last session file for nlite loaded and edit 2003 sp2 ent

2. Tweak reg file they used

3. Any custom file replacements they did i386. I found they used driverpacks base on i386 and thats it. I found this out doing a total i386 compare against default i386 folder.

4. there run once setup and any special changes they make in there

5. any svcpack updates they installed found in i386

I am getting pretty close to making an updated tiny 2003 disc with my license. There are other parts to this disc I still dont know how they did though. The loader for example uses isolinux and its really well done. Ive used similar but this one is interesting.

The loader for example uses isolinux and its really well done. Ive used similar but this one is interesting.

Interesting. Could you be more specific: what this loader is doing? I didn't find it when loading disk...

The loader for example uses isolinux and its really well done. Ive used similar but this one is interesting.

Interesting. Could you be more specific: what this loader is doing? I didn't find it when loading disk...

Its in the boot folder. Look there. It can load the two versions of windows and an ISO file also.

Tiny 2003 and ting xp are really well made disc's.

loader.bin loads iso linux menu that has options for different install types. Once you pick the install it loads a dat file that points it to a cache director where windows install can begin. Then at some point the directory switches to another directory with the full i386 folder. After that the disc is basically a regular nlite disc. I am still trying to figure out how the disc knows the jump directory's to the full i386 folder.

ok i figured it out. the disc has an entry in the txtsetup.sif file tells it to go to the other directory for the rest of the i386 files. This is really interesting. I wish I could talk to whoever made this disc its quite amazing some of the tricks they use in it. This goes beyond anything I have seen in this forum.

I have completely updated the disc now with the final SP2 for 2003. If anyone wants to help me improve it I would like some more eyes on this thing. I can explain what I have already figured out and then we can go from there.

Is anyone else interested? There is still a lot id like to understand about the components of this disc. If your interested and don't wanna post here.. PM me.