Error: The connection to the server was interrupted. 0x800CCC0F

Luzbel

I’ve got a weird problem at work with Outlook. All of a sudden, some PCs stopped sending mail via the ISP’s STMP server. I have 2 Vista Ultimate PCs with Outlook 2003 and they are working fine (Very odd, but true), a couple XP Pro PCs with Outlook XP and some others with Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000. I keep getting the following error: “Task mail – Sending reported error (0x800CCC0F) : ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If the problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’” I have tried everything I could think of to get it back working. The ISP is not at fault cause as I mentioned earlier the Vista PCs working fine. I have tested the STMP port via telnet and it connects perfectly. I have increased the time-out to 10 minutes and that does nothing. I have run the Office Detect and Repair, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office. I even tried using another logon account with a clean account, still the same error.

I noticed that the “Test account setting” works fine and even sends the test e-mail. I tried sending an e-mail in Plain Text and it manages to send, but no attachments.

The strange thing is that no changes were done and yet some PCs manage to send e-mail and yet most don't. I have tried sending with Outlook Express and it does work.

Any help?

My sister has run into the same problem with her XP MCE 2005 laptop (I think it is teh exact same error code she received as well) - I have tried everything I can think of, including seeing if she can upgrade to Outlook 2007 from me - no go. Once she uninstalled Outlook, it would not allow her to install it again - regardless of version. Furthermore, I had her try Thunderbird as well - no go.

She can send via her ISP account without a hitch - but her work mail account is hosed - and she is at wit's end.

I, like you, am hoping someone here will come up with the solution.

• 2 weeks later...