%reboot% errors, each time

I'm having an error similar to parkerkane but mine does it on every reboot, whether the application calls the reboot itself (e.g. XP SP2) or when I call it through WPI using the %reboot% command, with or without time. In %reboot% query, it was suggested changing the %reboot% times to be shorter or 0, I tried that with no luck. I had this problem under WPI 5.6 and now also under 6 as well. I am running as Administrator. My config.js is attached.

I'm getting this on a "brand new" clean XP Pro SP1 install I created just to check that SP2 would install correctly and on an XP Pro SP2 patched up to May'07 install that i just put together to test on.

Here are the two error messages I get on the reboot.

An error had occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 17

Char: 31

Error: Expected ']'

Code: 0

URL: file:///D:/WPI/Common/Installer.hta

An error had occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 462

Char: 2

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: file:///D:/WPI/Common/Installer.hta

I feel like there might be a solution in zorphnog's the responses to "Script Error" but I don't understand what the problem its supposed to fix is :blink:.

The help I've gotten already from previous posts has been great. Thanks in advance for any help yall can give me here.

Ed

config.js

Well, as Kel mentioned, reboot seems to be having a lot of issues these days. Your particular problem is because of one of your program descriptions. The quotations in this line are causing some issues:

prog[pn]=['Disable \'Shortcut to\' in front of shortcuts'];

If you change the ' to " or just remove them entirely, you shouldn't have the issue.

A little explanation:

When you make your final selections and start the installs, the reboot functionality creates a config file (\rb_config.js) with all the entries of the programs that have been selected to be installed. However, the code that saves the entries needs to be updated to account for special characters, such as the '. I actually wrote most of the reboot code and I haven't really looked at it much since, but there are definitely several issues that need to be addressed (this being one of them).

@Kel

The RebootEntry function (reboot.js) needs to be updated to parse entries so that they are saved correctly to the rb_config.js file. This may be the cause of many of the reboot issues we are running into currently. If you would like me to help out on any of the reboot functionality let me know.

@Kel

The RebootEntry function (reboot.js) needs to be updated to parse entries so that they are saved correctly to the rb_config.js file. This may be the cause of many of the reboot issues we are running into currently. If you would like me to help out on any of the reboot functionality let me know.

Oh god please do!!!