Installing VISTA on SATA Hard Disks

NeilFromBrazil

Hi folks, I recently purchased a new PC with the following config, P5VD2-MX, 3.2 Ghz Duo-Core, 2 GB RAM DDR2 533 SAMSUNG etc. etc.. well. the problem is I have 2 SATA SAMSUNG drives, 1 with 400 GB and the other with 250 GB. I install Windows XP, WINDOWS 2003 SERVER etc.. but I just can't seem to install VISTA Ultimate. I use Acronis OS Selector included with build 2160, which is supposed to give Vista support.. but nothing.. it appears there, but does not boot.. just get a blinking cursor..I tried disabling the 400 GB disk, but still.. the same..

Any help on this..?

Thanks in advance..

can e-mail me: neilramkeerat@hotmail.com

I think Acronis OS Selector caused the problem...

When installing Vista using DVD. When Windows loading files... process completed and Install now dialog box appeared .... wait for a minute and the click on install now. Sometimes VistaDVD takes time to load HDD drivers.

Mr. Neo, I don´t think Acronis is causing the problem.. It has to be with the SATA architecture, because, the Windows Vista Installtion does start, the first sign of a problem, is that the copying of the file is done in a flash, the second stage of expanding files, takes the due time (normal), installing resources and updates (normal). but when the PC reboots, that is where I get the blinking cursor, or sometimes, the message, A DISK READ ERROR HAS OCURRED. PRESS the CTRL+ALT+DEL

Thanks

I had a similar problem being caused by an externa usb dvd drive. I moved the drive internal to fix it.

Also, in order for Vista 64 Ultimate to be happy with my SATA driver, I had to switch the onboard controller to RAID mode and leave them as single drives. I gave the OS the drivers, and happy times. Any other mode for the controller either resulted in Vista not seeing any drives, or the motherboard claiming the drive was bad after Vista installed to it.

Edited by deaden