How i can add the activation to the Vista?

Unless you work for some OEM company. I think you can't do that on any retail version's vista. The OEM activate the OS by some scripts which released by Microsoft. And the script will recoganize the BIOS information. So you can't use one vender's activation scripts on the other one. This is how we do on OEM machines.

OEM pre-activation is only available to Partners of Microsoft. It's not available to System Builders using OEM media to the best of my knowledge.

It's an idepth process which requires modifications to the computer BIOS to add "flags" for the activation to occurr automatically based on the COA that is pre-activated by MS.

Gwido

OEM pre-activation is only available to Partners of Microsoft. It's not available to System Builders using OEM media to the best of my knowledge.

It's an idepth process which requires modifications to the computer BIOS to add "flags" for the activation to occurr automatically based on the COA that is pre-activated by MS.

Gwido

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have a lets say an original Dell Disk with proper key and bios as mentioned then to create your backup customized Dell Dvd then all you would need is to have the following Folder structure on your disk

sources\$OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM

drop the Dell.xrm-ms in that folder and add your key to the xml and bing bada boom, its activated

otherwise

copy the whole $OEM$ from your original Dell Disk to your sources folder and plug in your key in the xml

thats funny Neo, all this stuff was already covered in Unattend forum, just dig deep

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 weeks later...

Sight, I copy the file that in directories OEM so that it is copied to the system, that is what you mean with copying to the DVD?. Example : I put this in the DVD : %DVD%/Sources/$OEM$/$$/SYSTEM32/OEM/xx.xrm-ms (the .xrm-ms activated). This not work?

Sight, I copy the file that in directories OEM so that it is copied to the system, that is what you mean with copying to the DVD?. Example : I put this in the DVD : %DVD%/Sources/$OEM$/$$/SYSTEM32/OEM/xx.xrm-ms (the .xrm-ms activated). This not work?

Thats possible, you can also put this in your wim file

• 1 month later...

Is there actualy someone who has managed to do this ?

Had ultimate OEM installed, extracted key and xx.xrm-ms file.

Put it in my folder structure of my DVD in sources\$OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM and then made a ISO and tried in a VM..

This did NOT work !?

Should I have run the mountrw command and put the file somewhere in the mounted folder ? and then unmount it to be included in install.wim ??

Edited by kentk

Is there actualy someone who has managed to do this ?

Had ultimate OEM installed, extracted key and xx.xrm-ms file.

Put it in my folder structure of my DVD in sources\$OEM$\$$\SYSTEM32\OEM and then made a ISO and tried in a VM..

This did NOT work !?

Should I have run the mountrw command and put the file somewhere in the mounted folder ? and then unmount it to be included in install.wim ??

If you are on an OEM PC with the manufacturer's ACPI - SLIC table built in, then it'll auto activate. It won't work in a virtual machine because the VM won't have the SLIC table in the virtual BIOS (unless you get clever ;)).

• 1 month later...

OK This method works fine when using DVD as an installation source. The other method (using the ABR Tool) works fine when you want to do the installation of the certificate manually. Now here comes the question:

- How can we implement this business enviroment, where Windows Vista™ is deployed using WDS with only an install.wim file?

- If we are to modify the install.wim file, will we still be able to implement multiple vendor certificates?

We're installing and deploying computers for customers, as well as setting up WDS at our clients. We can use scripts etc for ABR but it is always better to directly implement it so it is a fully compatible and fully unattended installation. Anyone has idea how to do this? (there are no $OEM$ folders by default on the install.wim image).

Thx