strange error with .msi file association

vci

hi ... i've got a strange problem and I do not know whether it derives from hfslip or not:

if you click on a msi file, it usually installs the msi file, but in this case, windows does not do it!

i checked the file association and .msi is still linked to the windows installer

but if you go to advanced settings only these actions are listed: uninstall and repair - install is just gone!

okay, i checked it on another windows system and the corrected it and now it works again!

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe" /i "%1" %*

I use a lots of registry editing within svcpack, but i don't change anything which is related to file associations ...

using win2k - english + all listed updates from the dynamic hotfix list - someone else encountering that problem?

1st: yes

2nd: no, i don't use these new folders at all ;-)

i did a rebuild today, starting right from the first release of win2k and let hfslip integrate sp4 ... i'll report later whether it worked or not!

edit:

hmm ... i'm looking forward to the new feature in the hfslip test release (entries in txtsetup are now quoted) ... maybe this solves the copy errors i had some time ago!

Edited by vci