Player for Real RSTP streams

Angel Blue01

I've been trying various solutions to Real Player for some time. I like Real Alternative, and codec packs have been great for most kinds of media.

But none of these players can handle an rstp:// link. They can play embedded Real media in Web pages, but not all Real media is embedded!

Is there a player that can handle these streams, or some way to get an existing player to handle them?

I've been trying various solutions to Real Player for some time. I like Real Alternative, and codec packs have been great for most kinds of media.

But none of these players can handle an rstp:// link. They can play embedded Real media in Web pages, but not all Real media is embedded!

Is there a player that can handle these streams, or some way to get an existing player to handle them?

Media Player Classic will play them.

shark

So then I should install Real Alternative? I last tried it at the the beggining of the year and it didn't handle rstp:// links.

Is it safe to install Real Alernative and the Vista Codec Pack or should I install Vista Codec Pack and then Media Player Classic?

So then I should install Real Alternative? I last tried it at the the beggining of the year and it didn't handle rstp:// links.

Is it safe to install Real Alernative and the Vista Codec Pack or should I install Vista Codec Pack and then Media Player Classic?

If real alt is installed before VCP, the VCP installation will remove it as a detected conflict. (since version 4.4.7)

Media Player classic can be installed anytime, before or after VCP doesnt matter.

about rstp url's, I was mistaken.

MPC will play realmedia embedded into a RAM file but for rstp:// you need to install the full realplayer.

sorry about that...

shark

• 2 weeks later...