SET CUSTOM WALLPAPER

billonious

Hey.

this is my first post in the forum.

i am not sure if my question is right for this forum but let's try.

i want to set my own wallpaper in my project in as a n-lite addon/silent installer (rar self-extracting).

I set a custom windows theme in my nlitexp but the given theme does not include/set a wallpaper and as a result i take a desktop with x theme but with no wallpaper. I though to set wallpaper manually, including a bmp file inside a cab (nlite addon) or self-extracting-rar file but i don't know a relative command .

i though also to edit the winnt.sif below [shell] , but again i don't know the command. maybe something like

CustomDefaultWallpaperFile="%WinDir%\Resources\Web\Wallpapers\sunrise.bmp"
could work?

I forgot to say that i searched in the forums but i can't make it out.

Edited by billonious

Hey.

i want to set my own wallpaper in my project in as a n-lite addon/silent installer (rar self-extracting).

I set a custom windows theme in my nlitexp but the given theme does not include/set a wallpaper and as a result i take a desktop with x theme but with no wallpaper. I though to set wallpaper manually, including a bmp file inside a cab (nlite addon) or self-extracting-rar file but i don't know a relative command .

i though also to edit the winnt.sif below [shell] , but again i don't know the command. maybe something like

could work?

Hey.

could work?

I don't know if this would be of any help but there is a program floating around called SETPAPER whose syntax is

SETPAPER <path to desired wallpaper> /D:S

where /d:s provides control over wallpaper centering, tiling etc.

Put a jpg file with desired wallpaper to folder C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell (for example), thne set it to be a wallpaper.

After this go to Desktop properties, save your current theme, (e.g. "wallpaper"), next, in nlite (in unattended section) when choosing default desktop theme pick a "wallpaper.msstyle" you saved earlier.

You may do the same using folder Wallpaper=%WinDir%\Web\WALLPAPER