Silent Install of LogMein.msi

ceez

Anyone have any idea why this wont work for windows 7? My XP workstations install fine.

Thanks for all the effort great stuff.

Either you missed step 5 and 6, dropping the x86 and x64 path lines, or you are using an older version of the MSI

• 1 month later...

hi forums,

i registered just for this topic because i cannot find help or any serious info on orca anywhere else.

i use AutoIt to automate all my installers because i can wrap the msi or exe in the autoit executable and autoit can extract it, install it, then delete it with me just clicking once. the way i use it, it sends simulated keystrokes to the installer(eg, alt+n hits the next button). but the alt functions are disabled for the logmein msi.

is there a way to change that with orca?

i compared button options in the control table with the orca.msi and the logmein.msi, but i cant find anything that seems to different. this is my first time using orca, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by rogerrabbitsclone

If you are set on using AutoIT, the easiest solution would be to follow the instructions I posted above to modify the msi, then add the full logmein.msi + switches to your autoit run line. That will let you wrap it and hide your account settings, but you won't need to mess with any winwait commands.

when i rty to run the installer (from autoit or from run) i get this 56493938.png. do you know what thats about?

i would really like to know if its possible though to unblock the alt functions. if i can, i plan on using autoit to make a small gui box to enter either computer password or computer passcode and hide the rest.

You are getting that window because the command line switches aren't entered correctly. It should be:

logmein.msi /q ACCOUNTEMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERWEBPASSWORD=lmiwebsitepass LicenseType=0

Once you get the command line right, and you can use your inputbox returns to replace the fields, and keep the fully automated/silent install.

But if you just have to do it all manual, use tab and direction sendkeys to navigate.

i actually did find out how to unblock the alt key, and its not so much unblocking as it is adding that functionality.

this is copied directly from the forum:

Open logmein.msi and go to the control table

Look for the line where field Dialog = WelcomeDlg and field Control = Next

Change field Text from [buttonText_Next] to &Next >

full thread

http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=66583&mpage=1&key=𐐞

Hi,

I´ve been using Luguta´s logmein unattended script with success for a while. But now I´m in a project that I need a silent install that prompts only for the user name with the rest being silent. Is that possible with orca and logmein.msi? How can I do that? Thanks.