Silent Install of LogMein.msi

ceez

OK, i have read the whole post, and did this brief, with some information/testing of my own.

I have tried all that i have put here, and it works 100% for me, on XP SP2.

***** Starting *****

1. Download ORCA (http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html)

2. Download LogMeIn.msi (http://www.logmein.com)

3. Copy LogMeIn.msi to LogMeInSilent.msi (so you have a original in case you need to restart)

4. Use Orca to edit LogMeInSilent.msi as follow:

***** On InstallExecuteSequence Table *****

1. find GetDeployInfo action and change condition

from: UILevel=2 AND UPGRADEPRODUCT<>1 AND InstallMode<>"Remove"

into: UPGRADEPRODUCT<>1 AND InstallMode<>"Remove"

2a. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

ACTION: GetLMIRegistrationCookie CONDITION: NOT Installed SEQUENCE: 3710

2b. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

ACTION: LMIGetLicense CONDITION: NOT Installed SEQUENCE: 3730

IMPORTANT: I HAVE *NOT* creted the next row (2c) as it is say to generates a profile warning popup.

2c. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

ACTION: LMIGetLicenseForProfile CONDITION: NOT Installed SEQUENCE: 3720

3. find CreateUser action and change condition

from: CANCREATEUSER AND PASSWORDSOK="true" AND VersionNT AND REMOVE<>"ALL"

into: VersionNT AND REMOVE<>"ALL"

4. find CreateUserSetProperty action and change condition

5a. Right click SetX64Path and select "Drop Row".

5b. Right click SetX86Path and select "Drop Row".

***** On Property Table *****

1. find LICENSETYPE and change condition

into: free

2. Right click DEPLOYID and select "Drop Row"

3a. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

PROPERTY: USEREMAIL VALUE: your account's email address

3b. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

PROPERTY: USERWEBPASSWORD VALUE: your account's web login password

3c. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

PROPERTY: USERPASSWORD VALUE: win password if no windows password present

3d. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

PROPERTY: USERVERIFYPWD VALUE: win password if no windows password present (again)

NOTE: There are other rows that can be added this way, if needed:

PROPERTY: ProxyServer VALUE: proxy server, for example, proxy01

PROPERTY: ProxySettings VALUE: ???

PROPERTY: ProxyPort VALUE: proxy server port, for example 8080

PROPERTY: ProxyUserName VALUE: proxy server user

PROPERTY: ProxyPassword VALUE: proxy server pass

PROPERTY: ProxyVerifyPwd VALUE: proxy server pass (again)

4. Click "File - Save" (not "Save As" a new file)

***** TESTING *****

You should have LogMeIn NOT installed on your machine to work. Anyway.

Run "LogMeInSilent.msi /quiet LMIDESCRIPTION=NameWithNoSpaces", with no quotes, and after a while, LogMeIn should be installed on your machine, and loged to your account as "NameWithNoSpaces".

NameWithNoSpaces is any string with no spaces, for example MyFriendCharliePC.

If you want LogMeIn to use the default PC name, run it without the "LMIDESCRIPTION=NameWithNoSpaces" part.

***** Puting All Into A Self Contained Package *****

I would use WinRAR, cause it is more or less free, and very simple.

1. Download and install WinRAR.

2. Right click over LogMeInSilent.msi, and select "Add to archive..."

3. Check "Create SFX Archive" on the "General" tab.

4. On the Comment tab, copy this on the "enter a comment manually" field.

Setup=LogMeInSilent.msi /quiet

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

*NOTE* if you want to define the computer name, append LMIDESCRIPTION=NameWithNoSpaces.

5. Press OK and let WinRAR create a .EXE file.

When run, the LogMeInSilent.exe would decompress to a temp folder, wait for LogMeInSilent.msi to run, and then delete all.

Hope it helps.

This works. :)

The latested version of LogMeIn just went out of beta and apears to be GA'd. v4.0.0.966 Dated 9/1/09 (in program) and 9/5/09 (msi date). When I looked at the MSI in orca, some of the conditions in some of the tables are different. for example LICENSETYPE used to be IT but now its a 5. I didnt check all of them. Im sure it can still be changed, we just need to know what conditions control the same functions as before.

https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

MrChris

Edited by MrChris

Hi folks,

I've read through still thread from start to finish and I don't think I've missed this, correct me if I'm wrong however! :-)

Like many, I'm trying to distribute Log Me In Free to multiple PCs.

This works perfectly when distributing to a PC with direct internet access, with the Computer being added to my account.

However, when behind a Proxy, it fails to register the PC.

I'm using Orca to try and tweak the msi accordingly. I just can't get it right, I'm missing something.

To add to that, if I enter into the preferences on a PC behind a proxy and try to Test the Proxy connection, it fails despite having the appropriate credentials.

I'm missing something here guys, and I'm hoping someone can help.

Thank you

The latested version of LogMeIn just went out of beta and apears to be GA'd. v4.0.0.966 Dated 9/1/09 (in program) and 9/5/09 (msi date). When I looked at the MSI in orca, some of the conditions in some of the tables are different. for example LICENSETYPE used to be IT but now its a 5. I didnt check all of them. Im sure it can still be changed, we just need to know what conditions control the same functions as before.

https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

MrChris

LICENSETYPE Needs to be set to 0 for the Free Version

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've been using Logmein executable with silent install + all credentials details for a while and decided to help. Follows a zip containing a folder with all the files you will need + a readme file with instructions in english and portuguese. All you have to do is follow the instructions and create the exe file. No more opening Orca, creating scripts or none of that.

Download from rapidshare HERE

Download from Megaupload HERE

Coments can be posted here or in my blog (Written in Portuguese BR):

http://blogdoluguta.wordpress.com/2009/09/...-acesso-remoto/

The package has the latest Logmein version downloaded last week from the website.

Hope it helps!

Cheers everyone!

\Luguta

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I've downloaded and used Luguta's files and it works perfectly!

But my boss has now told me that I need to have the 'Host Side User Consent' options set by default. :angry:

I've looked through the .msi file with ORCA and cannot see any headings that seem to point to the options I require.

If possible I would like to know the correct table/action/condition/sequence for...

'Request message' text

Time to wait for users consent

Start remote control

Reject request

Never wait for users consent

I know this is a lot to ask, but any help on any of the points would be GREATLY appriciated.

Adam.

Edited by Skaarf

An update......

I've found a solution to my problem... I found the command line switches at http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/LogMeIn:Comman...in.exe#Settings

I have used the createinifile/loadinifile options to import the changes I need into the registry. At least now I can just run a good old batch file to make the changes I need.

But I haven't given up looking for the perfect solution, so if any of you know the options I will need to add into the .msi I would still be really grateful!

Cheers

Adam

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I am using Inno setup to create a silent installation of LogmeIn

Everything works prefectly besides 2 things:

1. I want to delete the reg file "hklm\......\run\logmein gui"

so the "logmein gui tray" will not load at the next comuter startup. (i've managed to set the LogMeIn servies to manually with no problem).

but everything i try fails:

I tried running a reg file (with =-)

I tried running a batch that will run the reg file

I tried a different bacth that runs the "reg delete" command

*I tried all of them also with and without the flag "postinstall".*

I tried adding the section Registry in the inno setup with the flags: dontcreatevalue

But all in vail. I am furstraed...

If you created a LogmeIn silent installation with the deletion of the logmein registry run value please post a reply on how you did it.

2. Logmein installation adds a "v" sign next to the "require a password" when entering from sleep mode.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

Effy.

I also tried

Edited by Effyl01

On problem 1, you are on the wrong track. The LogMeIn (free) app is programmed to require the tray app, it's their way of keeping their product from becoming a malicious tool. Even if you remove the registry entries, the next time the core app runs, it will replace them. Hiding the tray icon is an option on the paid versions, but not the free.

On issue 2, I have no idea.

I want to solicit some knowledge regarding LogMeIn. I am actually using ORCA, and what I want to do is to set the PREFERENCE/SHOW THE LOGMEIN ICON NEXT TO THE CLOCK to be unchecked by default. What part should I check. I am running the SILENG INSTALL of LUGUTA and it is great. However, I just want to notification and ICOn to be unchecked automatically. Is there a way to have that using ORCA?

Is it also possible to have the MSI edited so that it wont show up in the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM LIST.

Thank you very much! I hope to hear a positive response.

I want to solicit some knowledge regarding LogMeIn. I am actually using ORCA, and what I want to do is to set the PREFERENCE/SHOW THE LOGMEIN ICON NEXT TO THE CLOCK to be unchecked by default. What part should I check. I am running the SILENG INSTALL of LUGUTA and it is great. However, I just want to notification and ICOn to be unchecked automatically. Is there a way to have that using ORCA?

Is it also possible to have the MSI edited so that it wont show up in the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM LIST.

Thank you very much! I hope to hear a positive response.

So you want to be able to silently install a remote control application, have it run without any indication to the user, and have it hidden from add/remove programs? Are you sure you are in the right forum?

See my post directly above yours. There is no way to run the free version without the tray app. The creators have coded it that way, to prevent the app from being used for malicious purposes. If you want the tray icon hidden, you'll have to pay for their Pro2 subscription on each machine, which lets you set that option from the web interface.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had luck with v 4.1 of LogMeIn? I have followed Kwanbis' recipe (inclusive of the sequence 3720 row) with the version set to 0 but I keep getting an error that LogMeIn can't log in with the supplied credentials.

Skydiver

Instructions for 4.1.1310:

Download a clean copy of the installer from https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

Open with Orca

On the InstallExecuteSequence table:

1. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

2. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

5. Right click SetX64Path and select "Drop Row".

6. Right click SetX86Path and select "Drop Row".

On the Property table:

into: 0

**next step not needed if you used the link above**

2. Right click on DEPLOYID and select "Drop Row"

Save and exit.

Run the installer as:

logmein.msi /q ACCOUNTEMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERWEBPASSWORD=lmiwebsitepass LicenseType=0

notice the change from /quiet to /q , and the addition of ACCOUNTEMAIL. Technically you don't need the LicenseType=0 in the command line, but I left it in for good measure.

I followed instructions exactly. Getting this error:

"Could not attach this computer to your LogMeIn account. Please open LogMeIn and confirm your account details"

I am following the install instructions exactly. I do not have any users on my XP PC's without a password so when I enter the values for USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword I am entering the password we use for PC's that have users without passwords setup but this shouldn't apply to the reference PC I am working on. I tried entering the currently logged in user's password (an adminuser) in this place with the same result.

We use LogMeIn Central to allow adding users and setting up computer groups. Could this be part of the problem?

Instructions for 4.1.1310:

Download a clean copy of the installer from https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi

Open with Orca

On the InstallExecuteSequence table:

1. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

2. right click on the right panel and select "Add Row":

5. Right click SetX64Path and select "Drop Row".

6. Right click SetX86Path and select "Drop Row".

On the Property table:

into: 0

**next step not needed if you used the link above**

2. Right click on DEPLOYID and select "Drop Row"

Save and exit.

Run the installer as:

logmein.msi /q ACCOUNTEMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=lmiwebsiteemail USERWEBPASSWORD=lmiwebsitepass LicenseType=0

notice the change from /quiet to /q , and the addition of ACCOUNTEMAIL. Technically you don't need the LicenseType=0 in the command line, but I left it in for good measure.

The pcpassword has nothing to do with any of the existing accounts on the computer, its the access code (password) used for the LogMeInRemoteUser login. Its used when you use the access code login, rather than the user login.

Make sure you are adding the accountemail flag to your command line.

But if you are using Central, you don't need to edit the msi at all, you can just run it with a /q DEPLOYID= flag. See this guide: https://secure.logmein.com/US/support/pro2/

Edit: just realized that link doesn't take you straight to the article. Type "silent" in the search box, the page you want is the only one returned.

Edited by Camelot_One