Silent Install of LogMein.msi

ceez

Anyone had success to push LMI 4 by GPOs?

I did the fix for the Profile not existing, when i run the msiexec line it works fine with the /qr switch, when i double click on the msi it install fine and i dont run through any problem at all..

But i have a "Fatal error during installation" error in the eventlog when i try to push the msi through a GPO.

Anyone have ideas?

I'll try to check this next week. Now i'm working on other project and absolutely have no time to check this, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this fix make it so you can go back to the /Quiet switch? if so I have tried still no luck...Getting close though. gonna try the /passive switch in a few to see if that will work.

Will the progress bar even show if I am running the commands with psexec?

Hello, do you know if there is a way/property to disable the mirror driver installation?

I mean, is there something that I can enter directly on the MSI installer?

I just know that this is possible on the logmein.exe on this way:

logmein.exe install -nomirrordrv

Is there something for the installer?

Edited by HostFat

• 2 weeks later...
Guys

I have played around with this msi and got it to install completely silently. I edited the msi's properties table to include the parameters : "USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD=password LicenseType=free ", instead of passing them via the coomand line as others have done before.....Just neater this way and less room for error.

Could you explain how you did that?

• 2 weeks later...
Guys

I have played around with this msi and got it to install completely silently. I edited the msi's properties table to include the parameters : "USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD=password LicenseType=free ", instead of passing them via the coomand line as others have done before.....Just neater this way and less room for error.

Has anyone found an answer to parky84's question?

Thanks

I'm trying to make a simple installer with the values already filled in. I did the following steps:

1. Downloaded the 4.0.784 LogMeIn.msi from https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.msi and opened it in Orca

2. In the Control table I filled my account info in the Text columns for USEREMAIL, USERWEBPASSWORD, USERPASSWORD, and USERVERIFYPWD

3. In the Property table I changed LicenseType to free

4. Saved the LogMeIn.msi (not Save As)

When I run the installer all of the fields are empty and it still asks me to fill them in. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Guys

I figured it out! This also answers my above question.

1. In Orca, highlight the Property table
  2. Press CTRL-R on your keyboard (or Tables -> Add Row in the menu bar)
  3. In the Property field put USEREMAIL and in the Value field put your account's email address
  4. Repeat steps 2-3 for USERWEBPASSWORD, USERPASSWORD, and USERVERIFYPWD

• 2 weeks later...

LANGUAGE POLNISH

witam.

mam problem

chcę żeby LGOMEIN instalowało się samo

a jak korzystam ze skryptu

logmein.msi /quiet USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD=password LicenseType=free

to i tak po instalacji trzeba się rejestrować.

jak zrobić by kliknąć i mieć już gotowe zainstalowane ??

LANGUAGE ENGLISH

I greet.

I have problem I

want in order to LGOMEIN installed alone

and how I use from promissory note

logmein.it msi / quiet USERPASSWORD = pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD = pcpassword USEREMAIL = email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD = password LicenseType = free

this and so it after installation was one should was register.

how would they make to click and to have already finished installed ??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck with the lastest version of LogMeIn (4.0.784)? I've edited the msi file so that when the installer is run manually, all of the info is already present (e-mail, password, etc.) but the user still has to click on Next, Agree, then Next about 5 more times before it finishes. I'd like for the user to be able to just click once to start the installer, and once to finish, if that's possible.

This is a great thread, but I'm wondering if some of the methods previously discussed might have been rendered ineffective if this is a newer version of the LogMeIn installer?

Any help would be appreciated. Especially by some of you who were able to get things working previously in this thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job guys and great info!!

Using ORCA and the info from this board, I got the logmein msi to install without the user having to click ANY buttons from start to finish, just the double-click to start the install. Also i've been able to get all the fields to automatically populate with account information and access code without any user intervention. HOWEVER, my problem is i want the MSI to register the username instead of registering the pc name. On the logmein account page, the pc's are registering as whatever their hostname is so it's impossible to figure out whose pc it is if the pc name is generic. Any ideas on how to do that?

Any help at all would be great...!!

Big REd: i got the msi to install without any buttons by simply taking the dialog boxes out of the equation. when my users double click the msi it starts installing right away. I used a program called adminstudio. Once you open the msi with the program, you will see a folder set. There is a folder set there for the user interface and dialog boxes. click on that, then click on the welcome dialog and expand it. Here it gives you the opportunity to change properties such as width, height, add/remove buttons, etc. - what your looking for is the modal property. If you change the modal property to false and save it, no dialog boxes will appear. In order for this to work though, you need to have the msi already configured to have the account info and access code because you wont be able to put in any of this. hope that helps

Edited by illfame

• 4 weeks later...