Silent Install of LogMein.msi

ceez

Does anybody know if this still works with the Version 4 install of logmein.msi. Its just that the options specifed above for changing in ORCA do not appear in the .msi that I have downloaded today.

Thanks

It worked with that version. The new 4.0.784 is not working for me. I am getting an 1603 error message with the most current version. after changing the installer with orca. Just using the psexec script to run it. Any Ideas?

Does anybody know if this still works with the Version 4 install of logmein.msi. Its just that the options specifed above for changing in ORCA do not appear in the .msi that I have downloaded today.

Thanks

It worked with that version. The new 4.0.784 is not working for me. I am getting an 1603 error message with the most current version. after changing the installer with orca. Just using the psexec script to run it. Any Ideas?

Let's try move psexec out :). Try to run the installation from local drive, let's say from C:\INS\.....

I've seen 1603 error when i tried to run MSI files from network.

with out psexec I am still getting an error message, but it is not showing on the screen since it is running quiet. BTw I do have the file on the machine I am trying to run it on.

can you provide the whole command you are running?

with out psexec I am still getting an error message, but it is not showing on the screen since it is running quiet. BTw I do have the file on the machine I am trying to run it on.

psexec \\Machinename -u UserID -p UserPW cmd /c c:\regfiles\logmein.msi /quiet USERPASSWORD=UserPW USERVERIFYPWD=UserPW USEREMAIL=user@site.com USERWEBPASSWORD=UserPw LicenseType=free

Names have been changed to protect the innocent. The user ID and password are to a local admin account.

psexec \\Machinename -u UserID -p UserPW cmd /c c:\regfiles\logmein.msi /quiet USERPASSWORD=UserPW USERVERIFYPWD=UserPW USEREMAIL=user@site.com USERWEBPASSWORD=UserPw LicenseType=free

Names have been changed to protect the innocent. The user ID and password are to a local admin account.

Try ti change /quite to /qr

okay, changed the /qr now seeing the install screen and getting a new error about the profile not existing.

Yes, now you can see an Installation screen, but everything now should be unattended. regarding error about profile... i didn't find solution for this, so I've created an Autoit script to press Enter :), see one of my previous posts.

Okay built the autoit script as you suggested added the account info to the script. It is still not running on the pc's.

One of the reasons I am running the psexec is that the machines are remote and the users that are on them have 0 admin rights. so I realy can not have them looking at the screen when this happens. So any more help you can provide would be great!

BTW thank you for you help that you have provided so far.

Okay built the autoit script as you suggested added the account info to the script. It is still not running on the pc's.

One of the reasons I am running the psexec is that the machines are remote and the users that are on them have 0 admin rights. so I realy can not have them looking at the screen when this happens. So any more help you can provide would be great!

BTW thank you for you help that you have provided so far.

I didn't find solution to do the new LogMein absolutely quite, but i managed to insert All information about my LogmeIn account into MSI file (see one othe post in this thread) so, when MSI runs on user's computer, hi just see the setup wizard, but can't see my account information.

To be a little bit more secure, i put MSI inside SFX archive, configured SFX archive to automatically start installation process and then delete the MSI file :).

Ok guys I found a solution for the "Profile does not exist" remove this entry from the msi

LMIGetLicenseForProfile condition: NOT Installed sequence: 3720

and all will be well no need for the autoit script. The problem with the can't find /x64 when you try to run it silent /qn or quiet is a problem with the original msi installer if you run the original msi with the /qb you will see you also receive the can't find the x64 I would bet that they will fix this with a new installer.

Edited by dolivas

Ok guys I found a solution for the "Profile does not exist" remove this entry from the msi

and all will be well no need for the autoit script. The problem with the can't find /x64 when you try to run it silent /qn or quiet is a problem with the original msi installer if you run the original msi with the /qb you will see you also receive the can't find the x64 I would bet that they will fix this with a new installer.

dolivas, thanks!!!

Thanks alot!! thanks also to pelican

I was trying to run an Autoit process, then i downloaded AdminStudio to convert the .exe to .msi, and then i had a few problems to register the user to Logmein, but that was so complicated lol.

This solution makes it easier for all of us

Thanks alot!! thanks also to pelican

I was trying to run an Autoit process, then i downloaded AdminStudio to convert the .exe to .msi, and then i had a few problems to register the user to Logmein, but that was so complicated lol.

This solution makes it easier for all of us

I'll do my best to help!

Anyone had success to push LMI 4 by GPOs?

I did the fix for the Profile not existing, when i run the msiexec line it works fine with the /qr switch, when i double click on the msi it install fine and i dont run through any problem at all..

But i have a "Fatal error during installation" error in the eventlog when i try to push the msi through a GPO.

Anyone have ideas?