Silent Install of LogMein.msi

ceez

Hi,

I'm having a problem with one thing. I can't install logmein with the same MSI more than once. If i use the same MSI to isntall logmein a second time, the installation completes and pop the following message:

"DeployID isn't activated or has expired"

I know my logmein account was created not so long ago, so maybe it still tried to register with IT reach. Though, i've tried to download a MSI from an old account who's ITreach has been expired for a while. Still no luck. Any clue how to solve this ?

Best regards,

trep

Hi,

I'm having a problem with one thing. I can't install logmein with the same MSI more than once. If i use the same MSI to isntall logmein a second time, the installation completes and pop the following message:

I know my logmein account was created not so long ago, so maybe it still tried to register with IT reach. Though, i've tried to download a MSI from an old account who's ITreach has been expired for a while. Still no luck. Any clue how to solve this ?

Best regards,

trep

Guys

I have played around with this msi and got it to install completely silently. I edited the msi's properties table to include the parameters : "USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD=password LicenseType=free ", instead of passing them via the coomand line as others have done before.....Just neater this way and less room for error.

Trep - I got the same error as you, and edited the msi with ORCA and dropped the DEPLOYID row in the PROPERTIES section of the *.msi. That seems to get around the error you mention

Also, in relation to this issue

89McLarenStangFeb 23 2008, 12:58 PM

this thread is awesome... i have a question...i dont know if this is the same issue as the last poster but ill ask anyways....ive done everything posted including adding the run command fields to the property table directly. when i run the installer with no switches at all everything runs smooth with all the fields prefilled. however when it gets to the part of the install process where i guess it checks against the server i get an error message saying that the profile does not exist. it gives me the option to click ok which i press and then the installer continues on its merry way all the way until a successful ending. i assume that my computer wont be under my logmein account but low and behold i go to login to my account and there is my newly setup pc in the bottom of the list. any ideas as to why it would give me this error and still work perfectly fine?? thanks for all the assistance!

I found using the /qb- switch instead of the /qn, it ignores the ..."profile does not exist" error and the msi installs successfully

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the setting from the earlier post and then made your changes. I then run the .msi file but it is no longer silent.

Sorry but I am a rookie as far as editing an msi file.

Thanks for any help,

Bruce

Hi,

Best regards,

trep

Guys

I have played around with this msi and got it to install completely silently. I edited the msi's properties table to include the parameters : "USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword USEREMAIL=email@email.com USERWEBPASSWORD=password LicenseType=free ", instead of passing them via the coomand line as others have done before.....Just neater this way and less room for error.

Trep - I got the same error as you, and edited the msi with ORCA and dropped the DEPLOYID row in the PROPERTIES section of the *.msi. That seems to get around the error you mention

Also, in relation to this issue

89McLarenStangFeb 23 2008, 12:58 PM

this thread is awesome... i have a question...i dont know if this is the same issue as the last poster but ill ask anyways....ive done everything posted including adding the run command fields to the property table directly. when i run the installer with no switches at all everything runs smooth with all the fields prefilled. however when it gets to the part of the install process where i guess it checks against the server i get an error message saying that the profile does not exist. it gives me the option to click ok which i press and then the installer continues on its merry way all the way until a successful ending. i assume that my computer wont be under my logmein account but low and behold i go to login to my account and there is my newly setup pc in the bottom of the list. any ideas as to why it would give me this error and still work perfectly fine?? thanks for all the assistance!

I found using the /qb- switch instead of the /qn, it ignores the ..."profile does not exist" error and the msi installs successfully

Cheers

Hi There

I've done all what is written, and also drop the row DEPLOYID.

The installation seems to going well. except that I still have the "DeployiD is not installed or has expired" windows at the end.

Any Idea ?

Another question in order to be sure :

I'd like to install it on all my domain computers. Do I need to specify the USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword as the computer is log onto a domain account ?

Do I also need to modify 3i and 3ii lines ?

Thanks a lot

Edited by orlith

Hi There

The installation seems to going well. except that I still have the "DeployiD is not installed or has expired" windows at the end.

Any Idea ?

I'd like to install it on all my domain computers. Do I need to specify the USERPASSWORD=pcpassword USERVERIFYPWD=pcpassword as the computer is log onto a domain account ?

Thanks a lot

Did you you use the -/qb switch on the end of the msiexec command?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There

Any Idea ?

Thanks a lot

Did you you use the -/qb switch on the end of the msiexec command?

Hi

Yes

Hey everyone, I'm new to MSFN but I definitly like what I've seen so far and decided I HAD to Register!

Anyway - Back on topic,

Using the Orca edits that were posted on page 1, by slimbyte, I was able to deploy a copy of LogMeIn Free that registered itself into my account, used the system name as it's LogMeIn name identifier and and was silent up to saying "This computer is now connected" (Or however they word it). In other words, a perfect install, in my opinion.

Problem is; The 2nd, 3rd, 4th time I tested this MSI file, it no longer registered itself into my LogMeIn account..

I am able to click on the tray icon and connect is manually though the embedded web server, but it won't deploy the way it did the first time I ran the installer.

I don't get any specific error to note... it just shows that as a result.

I've always copy and pasted the command line arguments right from slimbyte's post (the way I did it the first, successful, time) but after the 1st attempt.. no go.

I'll attempt to download a fresh msi and try slimbyte's changes again - but I'm posting to see if anyone has this same problem and can provide some help.

Thanks!

Edit - Wrote "changed" instead of "changes".. fixed it.

Edited by iInstallUnattended

Guys, just download Logmein at this address: https://secure.logmein.com/logmein.zip

Save it to the desktop or the C: drive

Open up the C: drive and create a new folder called: lmi

After the zip file is downloaded open it and extract it to the lmi folder in the C: drive

Open Start > Run > type in "cmd" (without the quotes) to open the command prompt. If you are using Windows 98/ME, you should type "command".

When the command line window opens, type: cd C:\lmi\x86 (hit enter) or if the computer is a 64-bit computer, then the command should be cd c:\lmi\x64 (hit enter)

After the path is set to c:\lmi\x86 (or, if appropriate, c:\lmi\x64) type the following: logmein install (hit enter) to install the software, or logmein uninstall (hit enter) to uninstall the software

You should see the program installing or uninstalling. The cursor will blink when it is done.

To access a list of commands change the directory to LMI\x86 or LMI\x64 and type in LogMeIn.exe /?

Is there any way to accomplish this without using command line switches? I really just want a clean installer (not silent) for my clients to run and the error dialog always gives them some concern.

trep @ Apr 10 2008, 05:15 AM
89McLarenStang @ Feb 23 2008, 12:58 PM

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the changes to the .msi and for the .bat instructions for the silent install. What a time saver!

Regarding the pc password versus access code. A lot of the people that I install this on have no pc password, and usually in this case, LMI will ask them to create and verify an Access Code. Assuming that the person does NOT have a pc password set for their computer, what will the access code be if I use the batch script for the silent install? Is there a way to edit the .msi or the .bat to account for this circumstance, and if so, how?

Also, some of my customers are Mac users. Is there a similar method to edit the LMI installer on the Mac?

Thanks!

-NKA

Edited by nabilalk

• 3 weeks later...