Maximum open files

z911

what are you trying to achieve? The limit is per session, and that means per connected user (correct me if I'm wrong). So what do you want to do that goes over that limit?

Need for use big book-keeping program.

Program open more 16000 files and users have crash...

This is a kernel constraint in 32bit Windows (and unix), and while you can somewhat easily modify this on most *nix systems, you are not able to modify this limit in Windows. The SRV redirector allows 16K files open per machine between a server and client, unless the users requesting the files are logged into a 2000 or 2003 server in true Terminal Services mode (not TS admin mode), in which case this is 16K files open per TS session to the remote server, rather than per machine.

You can't change this, so I'd suggest finding a different way to use the bookkeeping program, or find a different program that doesn't require so many open files per user (perhaps one that uses a real database as a back-end, instead of flat files???????). So unless this is just a horridly-written application that does "bad things" on Windows, you've obviously outgrown this solution :).

This is a kernel constraint in 32bit Windows (and unix), and while you can somewhat easily modify this on most *nix systems, you are not able to modify this limit in Windows.

kernel or netsvcs?

limit for 10 connections passed, 16k+ files not as?

Do not change OS and bookkeeping program, it Russan specific.

It's a redirector limit due to kernel memory constraints, and if you can't replace the software, you're pretty much stuck. Perhaps you could replace the backend server with a Unix box running Samba and try that, as there are some hacks for linux and bsd kernels to allow up to 64K connections per session.