Multiboot of 3 different XP

Adde

Hi,

I havent found any information for what i wish to do... Maybe ive missed some topic and if so i am sorry but i have searched.

I have created a Slipstreamed XP Pro version with all DriverPacks drivers, + WPI inc Softwares (total 3 GB). I wish to have a Multiboot

with 3 different types of WinXP basicly my windows XP autojoins a domain and i want it to join different domains per install menu choice.

The multiboot i have read how to do. Would force me to put all files (3 GB) in each folder which would not fit on one DVD. Yet its just one little file

i wish to be read per multi boot.

Any ideas of how to go by... Please help.

Thanks

UPDATE: Basicly just to clarify. I want the same setup to run but with different winnt.sif files depending on which choice is made.

Due to space requirements i can not have more copies of the entire installation.

Edited by Adde

I had the same problem. Here's how I solved it:

1. Use a DVD boot manager, I used cdshell.

2. Get a copy of the CD/DVD boot sector (I called it bootsect.bin) and the setupldr.bin files. You will be modifying them.

3. Using a hex editor, open your bootsect.bin file (that's what I called it) and at offset 0x495, change I386 to any uppercase letters or numbers that you want, but it must be 4 characters. I kept one as I386 and made 4 more (CLEN, SOFT, DFLT, and NORM). I named the files booti386.bin, bootclen.bin, etc.

4. Using a hex editor, open setupldr.bin and using the search function, locate all instances of I386 (there are four of them) and replace them with the 4 characters that you used in step 3. The four locations are 0x225da, 0x2650b, 0x375e9, and 0x3c21b (as of WinXP SP2).

5. For each label that you created in steps 3 and 4, copy the I386 directory to the same names that you used. For instance, since I have a bootclen.bin and a setupldr.clen.bin, I copied the I386 directory to CLEN. Do that for all the instances of WinXP that you are using.

6. Copy the appropriate setupldr.bin file that you modified to it's corresponding directory.

7. Copy the appropriate WINNT.SIF file to each directory.

8. Build your cdshell menu (or other DVD boot menu) to include the options. Make sure that the menu commands call the proper bootsect.bin file, which will in turn, call the setupldr.bin file in the corresponding directory.

For the indicator, I wrote a program that will write a text file into a temp directory and I call it from detached program in winnt.sif. The scripts that run later on look for this file to see which mode they should be in. I use a different filename for each instance of WinXP that I have.

Hi Guys.

I'm relatively new to creating AIO's. I had just completed a XP: PRO SP2 and HOME SP2 and Server 2003 SP2 3 in 1 cd. I did this using gosh's guide.

Both the xp versions work fine, but server 2003 gives the following error when clean installing:

Error code 7

Setup can not continue

Setup could not load setupdd.sys

Press any key to exit

I did search the cd for the file and it is where it should be.

Can anyone help me? :(