VistaTweaker

ajua

i already corrected the bugs and upload a new build to my website.

in a couple of days i will make another build with more tweaks and other features.

thanks for the feedback.

:) Thanks for update release

Feedback 2 submitted !

pm replied. many thanks for taking the time.

in 1 or two days i will make another release. will post here and in my website.

Going to be open source?

i haven't thought about it yet. but at the very least, will be free.

Hey,

That's all good, but open source is best, if possible. At least major releases? For example v0.5, 1.0, 1.1, etc. ?

If not, it's all good. I just love OS. Good job btw, looks great! Will test function later in the week, when I have more time...

Though here is a quick suggestion... I noticed check all and uncheck all (perhaps should be renamed to select all and unselect all, sounds better) really do that.

Um, I expect that only the tweaks on that tab would be checked or unchecked, not every single one. Perhaps that should be Enable All Tweaks, Disable All Tweaks, or something.

Thanks,

Will

Edited by war59312

Hey,

That's all good, but open source is best, if possible. At least major releases? For example v0.5, 1.0, 1.1, etc. ?

If not, it's all good. I just love OS. Good job btw, looks great! Will test function later in the week, when I have more time...

Though here is a quick suggestion... I noticed check all and uncheck all (perhaps should be renamed to select all and unselect all, sounds better) really do that.

Um, I expect that only the tweaks on that tab would be checked or unchecked, not every single one. Perhaps that should be Enable All Tweaks, Disable All Tweaks, or something.

Thanks,

Will

im working on that already because i want those two buttons select/unselect all but only for the current tab, not the whole program.

i also corrected some validations and im working on more tweaks. if anyone has a detailed listing of registry tweaks for vista and want to see them in vistatweaker, please pm or give me a link. im working with my own tweaks but i want to code as many as possible.

the ones im looking for right now are performance enhancing tweaks like the ones we had with xp.

thanks for your reply.

elajua, nice. I just saw this on the another site and then saw on your site the MSFN topic link. It's a small world.

Only suggestion so far would be to put some sort of warning on exit if we really want to exit. With more and more settings one could cry if it is closed without saving the preset. Oh yes, also a preset support. Check All/None per page basis, you already noted that.

It would be nice to use the program with the commandline.

Something like that

VistaTweaker.exe /profile:C:\myprofile.twk

or

VistaTweaker.exe /UAC:0 /ClearType:1 ........

This program is a great idea!

one of the things in the to-do list is to incorporate the ability to export the selected tweaks into a .reg file. i think this is more useful than to provide command line support. also i think that a command line swith for every tweak will get you a very very long line and many people won't use it just because they have to look for switches and their meaning. maybe i can incorporate some command line support in future, but not for now.

thanks for the suggestion.

elajua, nice. I just saw this on the another site and then saw on your site the MSFN topic link. It's a small world.

Only suggestion so far would be to put some sort of warning on exit if we really want to exit. With more and more settings one could cry if it is closed without saving the preset. Oh yes, also a preset support. Check All/None per page basis, you already noted that.

it's a small world indeed ;)

i already code the exit validation into the program. nice suggestion.

i'm working already in the per tab select/unselect feature.

thanks for the feedback.

Hey guys, I made a tweaker too!

http://xenomorph.net/xdntweaker/

It has some tweaks specific to Vista, XP, and 2k3.

nice effort. the program is good, the only downside is that it contains only a few tweaks, but useful ones.

some network settings changed in vista. have you looked through ms docs? many of the old tweaks for xp dont work or are useless now.

im investigain some configs for the network settings that can actually improve something (if there are any).

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Just got back around to take a look and looks like I'll have to wait a bit.

BTW I know you probably have seen the Regtweak collection here at MSFN a lot do work with Vista.

This does read if it is already applied don't it?

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Just got back around to take a look and looks like I'll have to wait a bit.

BTW I know you probably have seen the Regtweak collection here at MSFN a lot do work with Vista.

This does read if it is already applied don't it?

hi, my monthly transfer went to the roof because many sites (i don't know how) got my program hotlinked in their pages. luckily enough today receive my new hosting registration with more bandwidth. im in the process of moving everything to it.

meanwhile, the site is up here elajua.50webs.com

About readings, today i will build another release with many changes, but the readings of everytweak will have to wait a few days. maybe on monday or tuesday another build with that feature will be out. will post list of changes today though.

i already got that collection, but it will take a while to test all tweaks and to see if they work on vista.