XP dlls

well you could rename files such as ntdll as xpdll and then hexedit it into the program however in my experience this has never worked, by the time you have satisfied all the dependencies the program crashes.

wine in windows would be weird because wine is an api layer and windows allready has those apis in system dlls but then again wine is envoced by a command but it would be a bit weird

It's not so easy to port anything especially Wine which is a Windows Emulator for Linux!?!!!? So don't talk about that like it is so easy....

I think that implementing APIs and supporting projects like KEX is a way that you should consider taking if u want to contribute Win9x community and help Win9x to survive a little longer.

Using "XP dlls" is a large compatibility issue. First of all u can't just copy dlls instead of the old ones (but I suppose u already know that).

Basically there is no (or it is very rare) way to use a whole dll from NT-based systems in 9x system. So again, implementing APIs is the only reasonable way to do that, although not conventional it does "add support".

ok, thanks.

I thought that you might be able to regester them or something, but now i see that wouldn't work.

Would it work in win2k because it is NT-based?

U could be able to register them if they are independent or if they are linked to apis that exist in 9x kernel or something but that is very rare. Of course w2k dlls are "simpler" then XPs but again they are NT based.