Using NLite for RIS installation

MSD_GUY

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to posting in this community but I have been reading for awhile.

Now....I need some help.

Has anyone used NLite to create a slipstreamed flat file that then worked with RIS? I have a XP SP2 CD image that I slipstreamed (using NLite 1.3.5) with RVM hotfixes, DX9, WMP11, IE7 and drivers. The images works perfectly from a CD but when I "import" the image up to the RIS server and try to image a computer it fails. All the files are copied down to the computer ok using RIS but once it starts the Windows setup process it can't find some of the files. Has anyone else run into this? Anyone know of a workaround or fix? Perhaps I'm using the wrong "product" to work with RIS? Does anyone know of an application that will let me slipstream Hotfixes, DX9,WMP11, IE7 and my drivers into an updated flat file that will then work with RIS?

I am working on updating my images for my corporation so time is important and finding a solution in paramount.

Thanks

MSD_GUY

You are the creator of NLite aren't you? The files is can't find are many of the files that where updated when slipstreaming the CD. It appears that slipstreaming files for CD creation is quite different than slipstreaming for RIS. It seems that RIS requires that certain files are UNCOMPRESSED and certain others are COMPRESSED. I am guessing the the files it's looking for need to be uncompressed during install and since they are not, windows RIS setup fails to find them.

Do you have any experience with RIS or know someone that does? I'd like to get this working but can't find much info on this.

I know what it is and you're right while it integrates it doesn't expect the RIS and the uncompressed environment. It does for the removals but not for the integrations.

If you can't integrate on the normal installation before preparing RIS then no luck. And who knows what would that do, too much complications with truncating the installation files like that.

However I will put this into consideration but can't promise that it will be done since there is not much interest in that area. nLite is more of a personal tool for the enthusiasts.

here's another vote for ris support in nlite! i think that would really help a lot of ambitious enduser and could make ris a bit more popular for xp installs ;-)

cheers,

grunz