[HOW] Windows XP themes to work on 98 ?

The RP7 use program that run theme like Windows Blind which is a 3rd party program

No. RP7 does not run such a program and does not include any 3rd party programs.

not use Windows XP theme method so, Is this possible to use XP method ?!!

What is "XP method"?

i wanna to know what is the method used in win 98 to get win xp themes and Why win 98 don't support msstyles ?

I think if win 98 support msstyles this will allow us to use any themes available in the net boz with the current method the themes will be too limits.

Well if you want details you would have to understand what APIs are, details about them. I don't have the nervs to explain what APIs are :D

Then you would have to know little about PE structure or not just PE, maybe something about DLL structure, what is the difference between executable and dynamic library. I don't have the nervs to explain what those are :D

Then you would have to know something about pe editing, what are msstyles, how are they edited. I don't have the nervs to explain what msstyles are :D

There are lots of thing that you need to know before you ask why. And when you read all of that you won't ask why :D

The biggest barrier for the understanding of this problem is understanding differences between 9x and NT systems and compatibility issues. When you see what huge differences between those systems are you will understand it a bit more...

Edited by marxo

The question your asking is, in a lot of ways, the same as asking "Why won't Doom 3 run on my Windows 3.1 machine?". Windows 98 came out long before the new theme engine was brought out. Not only that, but to reverse engineer that amount of software to make the themes work on 98, would be such a waste of time, not to mention that it would probably slow 98 down worse than if someone just used XP on the machine in question.

The theme engine withing RP7 is as close as your going to get to having the themes without using XP. Not only that, but RP7 does a really good job at running without losing too many resources.

...not to mention that it would probably slow 98 down worse than if someone just used XP on the machine in question....

Yes i would because processes in 9x are way more expensive then in NT.

The theme engine withing RP7 is as close as your going to get to having the themes without using XP.

Correction, LameSkin is exactly the same thing as msstyles only it lacks support for some parts that are skinned in uxtheme/msstyle engine. Only Tihiy didn't want to make a solution in one file so he left folders (maybe because it is easier to edit skins that way)...

Edited by marxo