Simple question (hopefully)

Fujimitsu

I've used nlite to slipstream a CD key, hotfixes, and some critical aps and its worked GREAT so far. I have what i hope is a simple problem, nlite keeps removing things that i dont want removed, most importantly some of the admin tools. I dont see an option for it, but is there any way to keep nlite from doing any sort of compression or file removal? just to be on the safe side i would prefer to leave everything intact and just slipstream additional patches/apps into the install, size isnt much of a worry to me honestly if i have to use a DVD or jump drive i will.

thanks in advance :thumbup

Only thing available in nlite is the keep files list. This should help with some of the stuff getting automaticly removed. There is also an option to not recompress cabs in the install. I cant recall what its called but I know its in nlite.

so i would have to manually add things that i want it to keep to the [keepfiles]?

I havent messed at all with making my own presets i've just used the basic functions of the program so sorry if i ask some stupid questions

I would have to manually configure it not to remove each individual feature, there's no way to leave the install as-is? I realize that one of the major purposes of this app is to shrink the install but i'm really just interested in the unattended part of it, it seems like there should be a fairly easy way to just add what i want and not remove anything from the install, should i be using a different program or something?

If you just want to integrate then use RyanVM's integrator. nlite has had a bug that always seems to pop up where it removes some things that you do not ask to have removed. Nuhi has fixed it a few times now. Ryans integrator should do what you want. Also in one of the option screens you can find the recompress cabs option in nlite.

I do my setup almost all manually, since i have been using nlite for a few yrs now. Once you get more into this, youl discover that a lot of the true customizing must be done that way.

Hope that helps and as always use google.

Edited by Madhits45

Fujimitsu, what are you saying? nLite can't remove something if you didn't select the component page and those components!

I believe what you're experiencing is a failed installation.

Check your Windows\setuperr.log file.