wpi from desktop

Hi Thank you for such a great program

i need a liitle help, please

i am using a nlite to make my unattended,

i am trying to make the wpi run when my windows desktop shows for the first time, is this possible ??

i have had some problems running some of my scripts when the explorer and or desktop is not loaded,

but if i run the wpi when the desktop is loaded i dont have any problems."

i read that

"Note: the [GuiRunOnce] section commands start executing before the shell (explorer) loads. If you have very few tasks to accomplish via [GuiRunOnce], you may not even see them executing. On the other hand, some applications require the shell for the installation, and therefore placing them on the top of the software installation is not recommended.

so how can i make the wpi wait untill the desktop is loaded ??

or can anyone please tell me where i have to put the command to run the wpi at the right place ?? in the svcpack.inf the nlite.cmd the winnti.sif ???????

Hi Thank you for such a great program

i need a liitle help, please

i am using a nlite to make my unattended,

i am trying to make the wpi run when my windows desktop shows for the first time, is this possible ??

i have had some problems running some of my scripts when the explorer and or desktop is not loaded,

but if i run the wpi when the desktop is loaded i dont have any problems."

i read that

"Note: the [GuiRunOnce] section commands start executing before the shell (explorer) loads. If you have very few tasks to accomplish via [GuiRunOnce], you may not even see them executing. On the other hand, some applications require the shell for the installation, and therefore placing them on the top of the software installation is not recommended.

so how can i make the wpi wait untill the desktop is loaded ??

or can anyone please tell me where i have to put the command to run the wpi at the right place ?? in the svcpack.inf the nlite.cmd the winnti.sif ???????

Here is what you should try:

Place a CMD file with your WPIlaunch command in your startmenu \ all programs \ run

And you are done :) don't forget to delete the cmd file upon completion, otherwise you will end up running WPI every login to desktop again

HJW

Thanks HJW

great idea i will try it now and report back

thanks for your help :thumbup

ok it worked perfect all i did was place my wpirun.cmd in $OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

now all my installs work perfect (had problems with kaspersky internet security ("%CDROM%\Installs\KIS\kis.msi" /qn /norestart) running after silent install before, now it starts on reboot, as i wanted it to)

and to delete the command i just run DEL /Q /F "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\STARTWPI.CMD"

thanks again for your help :rolleyes:

i am just looking for a small program to hide all my desktop icons now untill my pc reboots when the wpi has finished

EDIT

found HideDesktopIcons.zip on msfn works perfect, now my wpi installs with my nice wallpaper in the background with no icons on the desktop

then reboots and eveything is installed working with the icons back :thumbup

Edited by sT0n3r