sil3312 driver integration

EarlThePearl

vlite doesn't seem to want to integrate sil3112 drivers in to my image. It seems like it integrates it fine when I do it, but Vista doesn't see my hard drives during setup, like the driver isn't available for the controller. I know I have the right drivers because I can load them with my jump drive during the Vista setup process.

I have an ASUS A7N8X motherboard

The driver package for Vista was downloaded from here (1.0.60.0)

I'm pretty familiar with integrating drivers using nlite. I've done it for several different machines I've worked on with SATA controllers not recognized by XP, not to mention my own. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Same problem here.

I want to integrate several drivers with vLite 1.0 Final (ATI, nVidia, Intel and so on), but only a few will be integrated with vLite.

In lastsession.ini all is o.K., but looking at the mounted install.wim most of the drivers are missing. And no driverinstallation at the install of Vista, of course.

EarlThePearl, that's because vLite doesn't integrate textmode yet, only PNP...if you know what I mean, after the boot.

It is doable for the textmode but give me some time, there are more important things. In the meantime just copy the driver files to the CD where the Vista files are, I think that would be enough when asked for the driver, can't guarantee though.

reini380, how did you test that? My nVidia gpu and Intel chipset drivers are integrated just fine. Just in case you didn't know in virtual installation it can't detect your hardware.

No virtual machine, I have the possibility to test it on 4 machines at home.

First of all I perform an unattended installation with WAIK and create an Autounattend.xml at the root of the DVD, then I integrate Vista updates to install.wim with the batch-files from FireGeier like in this thread and after that I integrate the drivers with vLite.

Also I tried it with a clean Vista-Source, only integrating the drivers with vLite. And - no driver has been integrated from vLite...

When I mount the install.wim, the integrated drivers should be in windows\system32\drivers and windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository, I think. But there are no any new drivers, only the original Vista drivers.

My last Session.ini:

; vLite preset file

[Information]
Version = 1.0 on 2.0.50727.226 Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Target = Windows Vista ULTIMATE 32bit

[Compatibility]

[Components]

[Options]

[Protection]

[Drivers]
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\A\CR\ctgame2k.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\A\R\1\Alcxau.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\A\R\2\HDA.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\CH\N\1\nvsmbus.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\D\A\1\CL_48646.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\D\A\1\AVS_T200\atirt2lh.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\D\I\1\igdlh.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\D\I\1\HDMI\IntcHdmi.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\D\N\nv_disp.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\L\B\b57nd60x.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\L\I\1\e100a325.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\L\I\2\e1e6032.INF
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\L\M\yk60x86.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\L\N\1\nvfd6032.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\MS\N\1\nvstor32.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\MS\N\2\nvrd32.inf
D:\Vista_Unattended Dateien\Treiber\Y\1\AsAcpi.inf

[Unattended]

What's wrong or where is my mistake?

So basically you didn't try it, just looked at it. And it is all right.

Integrated drivers are in the Windows\temp folder, installation initiated by a vHelper tool during install.

I might change that to a package integration if:

- I manage to do it without adding ms tools into the vlite distribution

- that method installs a non-whql drivers like vlite's method does, do you know this one?

And what are those folders, is that Driver Pack extracted or your own naming?

Thanks for your reply and help.

I found the drivers in temp-folder as you wrote.

And I have tried an installation, but the drivers wouldn't install.

I will try an installation non-unattended and without integrating updates.

The folders in the Last Session.ini are my own naming.

EarlThePearl, that's because vLite doesn't integrate textmode yet, only PNP...if you know what I mean, after the boot.

Ahh cool, thanks. It's not too big of a deal, since I can just use my jump drive. I need to read up on textmode and PNP it looks like.

Tested with a fresh non-unattended Vista, no driver is installed (ATI Display, Realtek Sound, nForce4 Chipset).

Integrating the drivers with WAIK and cmd-file, all drivers are installed correctly.

I've only integrated drivers with vLite, made no image und no burning with vLite. Maybe this i a problem?

If you pressed Apply and used the same image as the one selected and modified by vLite then it should have worked.

I will check that with only drivers page, could be that it skipped some needed steps.