Unattended restarts PC everytime XP Logon box appears

tukbriz

Having a few problems adding the updates...Im sorry if this has been asked countles times before

I have a working unattended install of XP SP2, when i try to add further patches manually(dragging into Nlite) or using RVMUpdatePack :

The Logon box appears for less than 1 second then PC restarts in endless loop

No drivers or addons.

Edited by tukbriz

Is it blue screening? With xp sp2 you can press f8 at startup and select option to not auto restart on blue screen. probably something low level like a driver is bonking out.

-gosh

Is it blue screening? With xp sp2 you can press f8 at startup and select option to not auto restart on blue screen. probably something low level like a driver is bonking out.

-gosh

Ok, after further testing:

It was blue screening: Bad_Pool_Header, this is similar to another error I was having before: Bad_Pool_Caller.

_Caller occurs when I use a working XP SP2 as my source i386 folder(previously created with nlite). If I use a clean i386 folder and then add SP2 and then all the same settings, drivers and patches..then it works!!!!

_Header occurs when I use the 'Xp SP2 i386' as my source and then add RVM update pack, drivers etc...If I use the clean i386 folder and then add SP2 then RVM, drivers etc...it works!!!!!!

______

So I have it all working except 'Windows Live Messenger' http://software.drsamraza.com/nLiteAddOns/...s_Live.rar(link from MSFN)

It adds ok, but after install when i check my msn version it says V4.7

Also when Nlite was processing IE7 it complained 3-4 times that the file I was replacing was newer than the file I was trying to integrate, I copied the older file anyway..is this something I should be worrying about