New usb keyboard not working :(

takuma2004

Hi, i've bought a new USB keyboard from currys yesterday and it's not working for reason. I didn't get any drivers with the keyboard so obviously it should work straight away. But for some reason no keyboard lights are lit. I've also checked on Chic's web site but they don't seem to have drivers for this keyboard.

Make: CHIC

Model No: TKB020U

Has anyone got any idea why it's not working? Thanks

Edited by takuma2004

what does it say in the device manager?

It says Unknown Device.

I have tested the keyboard with two different computers but its not working for some reason even though its brand new.

Is the keyboard faulty or it needs driver? I couldn't find driver for this model including the manufacturers web site http://www.chic.com.tw/eng/download_driver.asp

Hope you guys know what's wrong with it.

well it needs a driver and its not finding it.. do you have a usb->ps/2 adapter?

http://www.chic.com.tw/eng/products_model_...11&pmdid=77

i dont get why they wouldnt have a driver for it..

no, i dont have a usb->ps/2 adapter. but the thing is that there would be no point of having a "USB" keyboard if it needs a usb->ps/2 adapter to run because then it would be better to just buy a "ps/2" keyboard.

Do you think the keyboard is faulty or it needs a driver?

Are you using XP or Vista? If you are using 98/ME/2000 then I´m not supprised that it doesn´t work. Some BIOSes need to be set to work with USB keyboards too...

Yeah, i'm using Windows Vista.

Thanks for the help guys. It seems like the keyboard won't work like this. I'm just wondering if i get a USB to PS/2 Adaptor for this USB Keyboard, would it need work? or it would require some drivers? Thanks

A USB to PS/2 will not work, so don´t spend your time and money on that. Just take the keyboard back and get your self an other one ;).

It's now been replaced with another keyboard. Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.