integrating ati catalyst 7.6

feverinlove

Hi, while I am waiting for the Service Pack 1, I would like to learn how I can integrate ati catalyst vista drivers.

I downloaded the file 7-6_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_48646.exe and extracted it to a certain location, but I

cannot find the folder to integrate. Where is the driver files for x1950xt ?

Ok, you download the file and double-click it, press install and then click "OK" and "Cancel". Now you will have a directory %systemdrive%\ATI\SUPPORT\7-6_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_48646\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF. And in this directory there is a CL_48646.inf that you integrate with vLite. That should work for all supported Radeon cards. I'm using this method for my X1900XT, so I think your X1950XT should also work.

feverinlove, no, inf with all the files in the same same folder must be left intact while integrating. INF contains just an instructions how to use the files it accompanies.

(unless it's a setup.exe or another file you're sure that isn't used when driver is installed but I won't get into that now)

As nuhi said, the inf file only contains the device information and gives Windows (and vLite) the files to install. To get it integrated, I copy the CL_48646.inf, the CL_48646.cat and the folder B_48879 (contains 22 files) to another directory. Be sure to leave all 22 files in the folder B_48879, if not, the .inf will not find them.