Worlds Fastest Internet

Lost Soul

hmm just thought id post this interesting article for everybody,, this is seriously fast internet,, man its unbelieveable

what do you think..

here's a small portion of it.

A 75-year-old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been given a scorching 40 Gbps internet connection — the fastest residential connection anywhere in the world. Sigbritt Löthberg is the mother of Swedish internet guru Peter Löthberg, who is using his mother to prove that fiber networks can deliver a cost-effective, ultra-fast connection. Sigbritt, who has never owned a computer before, can now watch 1,500 HDTV channels simultaneously or download a whole high definition DVD in two seconds. Apparently 'the hardest part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt's PC

http://www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

That actually makes my head hurt. Here I was thinking my speed was pretty good. Then again, how would I have time to read this board if my downloads didn't take so long. That downtime of waiting is important!

hmm just thought id post this interesting article for everybody,, this is seriously fast internet,, man its unbelieveable

what do you think..

here's a small portion of it.

A 75-year-old woman from Karlstad in central Sweden has been given a scorching 40 Gbps internet connection — the fastest residential connection anywhere in the world. Sigbritt Löthberg is the mother of Swedish internet guru Peter Löthberg, who is using his mother to prove that fiber networks can deliver a cost-effective, ultra-fast connection. Sigbritt, who has never owned a computer before, can now watch 1,500 HDTV channels simultaneously or download a whole high definition DVD in two seconds. Apparently 'the hardest part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt's PC

http://www.thelocal.se/7869/20070712/

OMG!

I'm jealous now! LOL! J/K. ;)

Ok, lets find the article with the worlds slowest internet so we can laugh at them!

Oh, no. If you enjoy pain, then go to the thread that Zxian points to. I can well imagine there are those with slower connections who wouldn't post in that thread. (We need an emoticon for pain)

DL

• 2 weeks later...

ermmmm...... WOAH! :puke::D:D

a. 1,500 HD movies at a time, the human mind wouldnt be able to take that in n prob have a fit!

b. about cache, a current computer harddrive can do upto 300MB/s (SATA2 n everyday computer) not like 15GB to 50GB+ in 2 seconds!!!!

c. the slowest my internet connection has been is 25Kbps which is 1,677,721.6 (yes, millions!!!!) times slower than this swedish person lmao!!

Edited by legolash2o

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, lets find the article with the worlds slowest internet so we can laugh at them!

Worlds slowest? Well, maybe not, but my dial up connection (sometimes) gives me downloads in the xx bytes range.

Yes I said "bytes"....not killobytes or magabytes. :wacko:

Some days, my "Wild Blue" satellite connection isn't a lot better. :realmad:

The only good thing about a dial up connection is that it stays connected right through thunder storms...

the Satellite doesn't!!!

Happy Computing!

B)