E6850 or Q6600?

vegettoxp

Hey Guys, The reviews I am doing on the Q6600, will they be good reviews. The reason I ask this is because I have been hearing that the New Q6600 will have the G0 Stepping? And if you don't mind, can you please explain what is this G0 Steeping?
it uses less watts, somewhere from 90-95W as opposed to 105W i believe. it really means more overclocking and that is really the only reason that you would want one, unless you are a company that's deciding to purchase 100 Q6600's...

Are you blind? You must be blind. You're either blind or stupid.

CPU makers (i.e. Intel or AMD) make incremental updates and small fixes to the CPUs over time. When these changes are made they release them as new "steppings", or "versions" of the CPU. It's the same basic overall CPU, but they may have made some changes so that it uses less power (which means run cooler) or fixed a minor glitch. The G0 stepping is the latest version of the current Core 2 CPU family.
Edited by jcarle

I don´t need group policies for that and can do the same with a XP home version as with XP Pro, just using the registry settings (like I´m a nOOb... please).

Other then that, I like to do it my way and you do it your way, let´s keep it like that ;).

www.sitekiosk.com

It's made specifically for those environments, doesn't break anything and locks down WAY more than you're locking down...I guarantee it.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

Hey Guys, The reviews I am doing on the Q6600, will they be good reviews. The reason I ask this is because I have been hearing that the New Q6600 will have the G0 Stepping? And if you don't mind, can you please explain what is this G0 Steeping?
it uses less watts, somewhere from 90-95W as opposed to 105W i believe. it really means more overclocking and that is really the only reason that you would want one, unless you are a company that's deciding to purchase 100 Q6600's...

Are you blind? You must be blind. You're either blind or stupid.

CPU makers (i.e. Intel or AMD) make incremental updates and small fixes to the CPUs over time. When these changes are made they release them as new "steppings", or "versions" of the CPU. It's the same basic overall CPU, but they may have made some changes so that it uses less power (which means run cooler) or fixed a minor glitch. The G0 stepping is the latest version of the current Core 2 CPU family.

dude, wtf is your problem! i'm giving him actual numbers while ignoring your posts b/c you do nothing but argue. im done with this thread.

Ok Guys I have narrowed my selection on which Air Cooling I want. Of the Three, Which one would you guys Recommend For my Q6600. Also I was wonder will I be able to use this Air Cooling when I get my 45nm Quad-Core?

Here is my Selections:

Thermaltake V1 - CL-P0401 (Good)

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme (Good)

Tuniq Tower 120-LFB (Good)

Which One?

THx Alot guys!

P.S. Fusion

dude, wtf is your problem! i'm giving him actual numbers while ignoring your posts b/c you do nothing but argue. im done with this thread.
My problem is your lack of proper spelling, using abbreviations instead of full words, your pubescent attitude, the fact that since it works for you or it works for your friends it's all good, the fact that you don't research, the fact that you assume, the fact that you won't contribute real content, the fact that you don't support your statements which may be objectionable with any proof or reference, the fact that you devaluate the value of the threads in which you participate. Pick the one you want. Generally, it's all of them. I'm not the only one who thinks this, the only difference is that I'm the only one who's willing to say it.
Ok Guys I have narrowed my selection on which Air Cooling I want. Of the Three, Which one would you guys Recommend For my Q6600. Also I was wonder will I be able to use this Air Cooling when I get my 45nm Quad-Core?

Here is my Selections:

Thermaltake V1 - CL-P0401 (Good)

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme (Good)

Tuniq Tower 120-LFB (Good)

Which One?

THx Alot guys!

P.S. Fusion

The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme should be your only choice. A quick search around the net will quickly show you that there are no other air coolers which can perform at lower temperatures then what the Thermalright can do.

Edited by jcarle