Block Anonymous Access

Hey there,

there's some stupid guy (or girl) accessing my site (my blog actually) and posting highly offensive comments. He's doing this for more than a year. I know he's only access my site through www.anonymouse.org, so how can I block his access?

Since my site is hosted in a third part server, I can't do anything directly in it, except if I use some javascript code or something.

Anybody can help with this code? (This means, tell me exactly how the code must be to work)

Anonymouse IP always start with 85.195. , so I need some script allowing me to block some IP range.

A login system wouldn´t be usefull, since most people don't use them real name on internet forms, except for shopping

http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

create it and place in the root folder of your site(htaccess affects current folder and all subfolders). htaccess is an apache thing, won't work if your site runs on a different webserver. also, your host may not allow you to use .htaccess because it can slow down the server.

so you'll want to test whether or not your .htaccess does anything once you upload it. an easy test would be to first try out an ErrorDocument directive.

tks...

the weird thing is that the password protection worked but IP blocking didn't...

I just sent an email to my web provider to check if it uses apache or something else

thank you :)

yeah... I sent them an email asking what to do and they said I isn't possible cos' it would block the access to the whole server, not ownly my account

well, thank you all for the help

yeah... I sent them an email asking what to do and they said I isn't possible cos' it would block the access to the whole server, not ownly my account

well, thank you all for the help

BULL! :realmad:

Not what you said :blushing: , what they said.

.htaccess files can be placed in any subdirectory and have effect on only that directory. They're either trying to get you to go away, or else thet're not as smart as they think. Even if it's hosted on IIS, it should be possible for them to block a certain IP range for just one directory.

EDIT:

And besides, why should they care if you block anonymous vandals? Though my above statement could be false if your stuff is in the root directory of the server, but I don't think it would be. Can you tell us what your domain name is and who hosts your blog?

Edited by Idontwantspam