Live Messenger Emotions Location?

vaempire4wii

I use Windows Live Messenger and while chatting I collected many emotions. I have to format my pc and I don't know the location of emotions of Live messenger I saved while chatting. So if u can tell me the location then I will be able to save those files and will be able to use them again without collecting :) Thanks in advance [atleast u read this post :D]

You could have actually Googled FileMon and searched for the folder under Application Data...

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\your.email@whatever.com\ObjectStore\

- Backgrounds

- Custom Emoticons

- Dynamic Backgrounds

- UserTile

- Winks3

For the custom sounds under Messenger Plus!:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds\Sound.dat

• 5 months later...

But these are the DT2 and ID2 file formats

how to edit them

my questio is however different

While chatting with my friends, they exchange giffs and images with a reso greater than 96x96, i tried to use the interface Microsoft has provided to add your own emoticon but that reduces the size of your image back to 96x96?

How the others are doing it, how can i add a emoticon witha reso gr8er than 96x96

are we supposed to use some application software to crack open these DT2 ID2 extension files?????

what is FileMon?

Edited by maqk