Overheating...

KamiQuazi

The world's best case won't do jack if there are large IDE cables blocking airflow. I'm not saying that his P180 is like that, but you can't assume that the same case will perform the exact same as yours does.

The world's best case won't do jack if there are large IDE cables blocking airflow. I'm not saying that his P180 is like that, but you can't assume that the same case will perform the exact same as yours does.

well if its clean it will :)

i spent soo much time getting my cables as perfect as possible, the result is amazing airflow and amazingly low temps. i hate that ide cable tho, i really want a sata drive just to get rid of that.

I would rather have something with a fan. I let the Zalman ripken showed

Why did you change your mind?

Any way, go with something bigger then the cooler you linked too, did you see the cooler I linked?

I would rather have something with a fan. I let the Zalman ripken showed

Why did you change your mind?

Any way, go with something bigger then the cooler you linked too, did you see the cooler I linked?

less work to mess up in my case lol... anyways thinking between the too, i like the size of the one u linked. now only does it fit on a msi neo4 platinum board

thats actually wrong. AMD's are cooler than Intel in terms of wattage, which is what matters most.

also, if you use Speedstep, the systems noise is determined by the heat of the CPU.

oh, and its not all that common for a CPU to reduce its speed because of heat, its normally just the heatsink fan picking up. i have seen cores reduce their clocks though...especially when its been on for extended periods of time with little stress.

Bonestone, iNTEL has that feature build in from the Pentium 4, so it´s normal that it lowers the speed.

The AMD Athlon S462 just cracked up ore smoked up :P. Loved the AMD over iNTEL in those times...