It just doesn't do the job

Swami

I must inform all of you – or maybe you've already tested yourself and realize – that if you burn your Windows installation using nLlite's integrated burner, the CD isn't bootable.

Well, Nuhi, we pretty much all use Nero Burning ROM or a similar burning software to burn the ISO images on our CDs/DVDs, so integrating this burning ability is not necesary at all. Okay, maybe it is a handy thing to have, but since it doesn't do the job perfectly... well, you might as well as remove that, the Direct Burn and the Burn Image modes.

it does work, try burning at a slower speed like 16x, i used it like 5 mins ago so i can say it works. Only thing Nuhi could try is putting a limit on the burning speed so the max is 16-20x

Edited by legolash2o

I am customizing a Windows XP Professional installation. I used the maximum speed when I was burning the Windows installation with nLite. Maybe this tool is not capable of writing (a.k.a. burning) to a CD media with 'full throttle'. :) A bug perhaps?

Edited by Swami

Well at the moment ive erased the disk using EraseRW feature at a slower speed and it worked fine, currently doing the direct burn where it says something is already on the disk and must erase it first... currently on the burning stage..

Actually in alot of CD/DVD Burning Software there is a huge risk of it not booting if on full speed (unless the full speed is 20x or lower lol), nlite/vlite burning features are very handy and always worked for me and ive had mroe problems using Nero 6

Edited by legolash2o

My nlite will have finished burning soon, i will show my results when ive finished but so far i agree (i have to verify after to make sure its worked) and test its booting aswell after doing the burning straight after erase function.

P.S. ive also know it to work on 32x if that helps

Edited by legolash2o

I figure you're using the 1.4 beta version. Please upload your preset of removed components, but only if you are customizing Windows XP Professional. Thanks. ;)

I see your OS is Vista Ultimate x64. So you use vLite, right? Or do you also experiment with nLite as well?

Edited by Swami

In case you got me wrong.

DVD's does boot for me. The erase seems to work, it gives me ok. But when i burn the ISO it says the DVD needs to be cleaned, tho i just did it. And when i press ok, erase it start but never ends, after a while nlite locks up. I dont minde i erase/burn in deepburner, just reporting it.